Low FPS in CSS

maryjane

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2008
Ok, I've been looking everywhere and have no found an answer that helps with my problem. I have been getting low fps with nothing higher that 45. About a month ago, I would get an average of 150 fps.

Dell Inspiron E1705
Intel Core 2 CPU
T7200 @ 2.00 GHz
998 MHz, 2.00 GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900

I have cable internet, which pings fine. I have the newest drivers for my gfx card and have ran numerous virus scans. I have also disabled all background processes so nothing is eating my CPU. I've called Dell and they have ran diagnostic tests and everything came back fine. Additionally, every now and then, maybe 1% of the time, my frames will be back to normal. However, as soon as I turn my computer off or restart it goes back down to about 20 fps.

It is a laptop, so I was concerned with overheating. I do have a laptop fan running constantly under my computer. The average temp. is about 70-72 degress F.

Help?

OK, if thats your running temps during games thats ok for the gpu. The cpu, thats scorching it and could be in a slowed down mode to prevent overheating damage. You said you have the latest drivers, did this start when you first installed them, or anything else? New drivers, or other software can cause conflicts sometimes