  • Windows XP
  • Dial Up Connection
  • Internet
October 21, 2004 2:42:20 AM

Hi,my windows xp sp2 keeps disconnecting from the
internet every 5 minutes.
A message box appears stating that:
"Your session has ended,do you want to reconnect?"
I'm on a dial up connection.
Anyone?
Thanks.

John

---

More about : disconnecting internet

Anonymous
October 21, 2004 2:42:21 AM

Try opening internet connections,L.click on the hardware,then in the
sub-menu select, repair this connection.

"John..." wrote:

> Hi,my windows xp sp2 keeps disconnecting from the
> internet every 5 minutes.
> A message box appears stating that:
> "Your session has ended,do you want to reconnect?"
> I'm on a dial up connection.
> Anyone?
> Thanks.
>
> John
>

> ---

October 21, 2004 3:33:01 AM

try just cleaning out the internet explorer, disable all addons in manage
addons, clean out the downloaded files folder in ie and also the %temp%
folder, see if that makes any difference. if it does, try scanning the system
for spyware and adware or even virus'.

"John..." wrote:

> Hi,my windows xp sp2 keeps disconnecting from the
> internet every 5 minutes.
> A message box appears stating that:
> "Your session has ended,do you want to reconnect?"
> I'm on a dial up connection.
> Anyone?
> Thanks.
>
> John
>

> ---

October 23, 2004 5:30:12 PM

>"John..." <me@here.com> wrote:
>Hi,my windows xp sp2 keeps disconnecting from the
>internet every 5 minutes.
>A message box appears stating that:
>"Your session has ended,do you want to reconnect?"
>I'm on a dial up connection.
>Anyone?
>Thanks.

There's a second "idle time to disconnect" area in
Control Panel
Network Connections
Right-click server name to access Properties