missing bass.dll

October 20, 2004 11:03:04 PM

I bought and downloaded a game from the internet but now it does not work.

I try to open it from my desktop but it says it can't find bass.dll.
Thank you for your help:)

More about : missing bass dll

October 21, 2004 3:55:05 AM

"judieau" wrote:

> I bought and downloaded a game from the internet but now it does not work.
>
> I try to open it from my desktop but it says it can't find bass.dll.
> Thank you for your help:)

Uninstall and reinstall the game?
If this purchase is recent see if the download link is still working and
redownload it,it may be a bad download?
Anonymous
October 23, 2004 12:59:08 AM

Judieau,

In Windows Explorer look for the missing .dll in your program folder
(C:\Program Files\<name of program>). If it is there copy it to
C:\Windows\System32.

Now try running the program. If it works please let us know, it's a
common problem and fix for many older programs.

Bob

"MAP" <MAP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

| "judieau" wrote:
|

| > I bought and downloaded a game from the internet but now it does not
work.

| > I try to open it from my desktop but it says it can't find bass.dll.
| > Thank you for your help:)
| >

| Uninstall and reinstall the game?
| If this purchase is recent see if the download link is still working
and
| redownload it,it may be a bad download?
June 2, 2009 11:54:36 PM

I had the same problem "bass.dll missing" after downloading and trying to play Cake Mania 3 from Big Fish Games and I did a search on my own computer and found 4 copies of bass.dll, I copied one into C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 and that fixed the game. Thanks very much for the help.
Ralph
!