missing bass.dll

I bought and downloaded a game from the internet but now it does not work.

I try to open it from my desktop but it says it can't find bass.dll.
Thank you for your help:)
3 answers Last reply
More about missing bass

    "judieau" wrote:

    > I bought and downloaded a game from the internet but now it does not work.
    >
    > I try to open it from my desktop but it says it can't find bass.dll.
    > Thank you for your help:)

    Uninstall and reinstall the game?
    If this purchase is recent see if the download link is still working and
    redownload it,it may be a bad download?

    Judieau,

    In Windows Explorer look for the missing .dll in your program folder
    (C:\Program Files\<name of program>). If it is there copy it to
    C:\Windows\System32.

    Now try running the program. If it works please let us know, it's a
    common problem and fix for many older programs.

    Bob

    "MAP" <MAP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    | "judieau" wrote:
    |

    | > I bought and downloaded a game from the internet but now it does not
    work.

    | > I try to open it from my desktop but it says it can't find bass.dll.
    | > Thank you for your help:)
    | >

    | Uninstall and reinstall the game?
    | If this purchase is recent see if the download link is still working
    and
    | redownload it,it may be a bad download?
  3. I had the same problem "bass.dll missing" after downloading and trying to play Cake Mania 3 from Big Fish Games and I did a search on my own computer and found 4 copies of bass.dll, I copied one into C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 and that fixed the game. Thanks very much for the help.
    Ralph

Microsoft DLL Windows XP