Welcome/Logon Screen

Can anyone tell me how I can "by-pass" the Welcome/User Logon screen? I
recently installed Windows XP on my computer, but can't remember my password!
Is there a way of bypassing this screen so I can enter XP and change some
settings? (I have Windows XP Professional version).
2 answers Last reply
More about welcome logon screen

    Lost, Forgotten, or Expired Passwords:

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Jupiter Jones]

    Windows XP Key is a program to reset Windows XP security
    if Administrator password, secure boot password or key disk is lost.
    http://www.lostpassword.com/windows-xp-2000-nt.htm

    Forgot your admin password?

    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Darla" <Darla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Can anyone tell me how I can "by-pass" the Welcome/User Logon screen? I
    >recently installed Windows XP on my computer, but can't remember my password!
    > Is there a way of bypassing this screen so I can enter XP and change some
    >settings? (I have Windows XP Professional version).

    See "How to Log On to Windows XP If You Forget Your Password or Your
    Password Expires" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321305) and "How
    to Configure Windows XP to Automatically Log On a User Account"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=282866).

    --
    (tm)

Computers Microsoft Windows XP