Javascript

October 21, 2004 4:25:07 PM

For some reason lately I cannot open links using Javascript. I don't know
how to fix this. I have something called Java Web Start on my computer but I
don't know what it is or how it got there. Under Tools in IE, there is Sun
Java Console...don't know what to do with this. Can someone please tell me
how to be able to use these links.

More about : javascript

Anonymous
October 22, 2004 2:11:07 PM

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:25:07 -0700, BB wrote:

> For some reason lately I cannot open links using Javascript. I don't know
> how to fix this. I have something called Java Web Start on my computer but I
> don't know what it is or how it got there. Under Tools in IE, there is Sun
> Java Console...don't know what to do with this. Can someone please tell me
> how to be able to use these links.

In Tools> Internet Options, put a check next to the Sun Java Console. Click
OK. Close all open browser windows so that the change can take effect.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

news:o d9lClEuEHA.3860@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl
> On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:25:07 -0700, BB wrote:
>
>> For some reason lately I cannot open links using Javascript. I
>> don't know how to fix this. I have something called Java Web Start
>> on my computer but I don't know what it is or how it got there.
>> Under Tools in IE, there is Sun Java Console...don't know what to do
>> with this. Can someone please tell me how to be able to use these
>> links.
>
> In Tools> Internet Options, put a check next to the Sun Java Console.
> Click OK. Close all open browser windows so that the change can take
> effect.

Java and JavaScript are not related.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

"BB" <BB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For some reason lately I cannot open links using Javascript. I don't
> know how to fix this. I have something called Java Web Start on my
> computer but I don't know what it is or how it got there. Under
> Tools in IE, there is Sun Java Console...don't know what to do with
> this. Can someone please tell me how to be able to use these links.

1. You might want to refresh your scripting engine:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/nhp/...
or
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/down...
Windows Script 5.6 for Windows 2000 and XP

Sometimes there's a corrupt file in the cache and one must go to Tools |
Internet Options and click Delete Files.

2a. Start>Run>Regsvr32 vbscript.dll

2b. Start>Run>Regsvr32 jscript.dll

(WinXP users who have problems with 2a and 2b, see
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers_9.htm)

3. Re-register all DLLs listed in http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

4. See also
Error Message When You Browse the Web: An Error Has Occurred in the Script
on This Page
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306831
Scripting Errors When You View Web Pages in Internet Explorer after
Installing Office 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822521

5a. IE Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>Browsing>Enable third-party browser
extensions (uncheck & reboot).

5b. Find the hijacker that caused 5a to be checked (or if none were checked,
check for hijackware anyway):

Dealing with Hijackware
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm