Javascript

For some reason lately I cannot open links using Javascript. I don't know
how to fix this. I have something called Java Web Start on my computer but I
don't know what it is or how it got there. Under Tools in IE, there is Sun
Java Console...don't know what to do with this. Can someone please tell me
how to be able to use these links.
3 answers Last reply
More about javascript

    On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:25:07 -0700, BB wrote:

    > For some reason lately I cannot open links using Javascript. I don't know
    > how to fix this. I have something called Java Web Start on my computer but I
    > don't know what it is or how it got there. Under Tools in IE, there is Sun
    > Java Console...don't know what to do with this. Can someone please tell me
    > how to be able to use these links.

    In Tools> Internet Options, put a check next to the Sun Java Console. Click
    OK. Close all open browser windows so that the change can take effect.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

    > On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:25:07 -0700, BB wrote:
    >
    >> For some reason lately I cannot open links using Javascript. I
    >> don't know how to fix this. I have something called Java Web Start
    >> on my computer but I don't know what it is or how it got there.
    >> Under Tools in IE, there is Sun Java Console...don't know what to do
    >> with this. Can someone please tell me how to be able to use these
    >> links.
    >
    > In Tools> Internet Options, put a check next to the Sun Java Console.
    > Click OK. Close all open browser windows so that the change can take
    > effect.

    Java and JavaScript are not related.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    "BB" <BB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > For some reason lately I cannot open links using Javascript. I don't
    > know how to fix this. I have something called Java Web Start on my
    > computer but I don't know what it is or how it got there. Under
    > Tools in IE, there is Sun Java Console...don't know what to do with
    > this. Can someone please tell me how to be able to use these links.

    1. You might want to refresh your scripting engine:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/nhp/default.asp?contentid=28001169
    or
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp
    Windows Script 5.6 for Windows 2000 and XP
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c717d943-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&DisplayLang=en

    Sometimes there's a corrupt file in the cache and one must go to Tools |
    Internet Options and click Delete Files.

    2a. Start>Run>Regsvr32 vbscript.dll

    2b. Start>Run>Regsvr32 jscript.dll

    (WinXP users who have problems with 2a and 2b, see
    http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers_9.htm)

    3. Re-register all DLLs listed in http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

    4. See also
    Error Message When You Browse the Web: An Error Has Occurred in the Script
    on This Page
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306831
    Scripting Errors When You View Web Pages in Internet Explorer after
    Installing Office 2003
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822521

    5a. IE Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>Browsing>Enable third-party browser
    extensions (uncheck & reboot).

    5b. Find the hijacker that caused 5a to be checked (or if none were checked,
    check for hijackware anyway):

    Dealing with Hijackware
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm