Recycle Bin Problem.

I use winxp/sp2. When I delete email files from Outlook Express they do not
show in Recycle Bin. Same is true for other files. Recycle Bin Properties
does NOT have the "Do not move files to the Recycle Bin..." box checked. I
use "Freedom" anti-virus software from my ISP (Adelphia).

How do I persuade Recycle Bin to retain my deleted files until I want to
remove them permanently?

Peter.
9 answers Last reply
More about recycle problem

    Hi,

    First, deleted email from Outlook Express does not use the Recycle Bin, it
    goes to the deleted items folder in Outlook Express. Once removed from
    there, then it is permanently gone.

    Why the Recycle Bin is not receiving other deleted files is another issue.
    Possibly a stuck <shift> key, as shift+delete will bypass the Recycle Bin.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "PVR" <peterv666@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    >I use winxp/sp2. When I delete email files from Outlook Express they do not
    >show in Recycle Bin. Same is true for other files. Recycle Bin Properties
    >does NOT have the "Do not move files to the Recycle Bin..." box checked. I
    >use "Freedom" anti-virus software from my ISP (Adelphia).
    >
    > How do I persuade Recycle Bin to retain my deleted files until I want to
    > remove them permanently?
    >
    > Peter.

    Oops, now I feel quite dumb re: deleted emails. However the other problem
    still remains and the <shift> key works OK with other functions.

    Thanks for your help.

    Peter.

    > Hi,
    >
    > First, deleted email from Outlook Express does not use the Recycle Bin, it
    > goes to the deleted items folder in Outlook Express. Once removed from
    > there, then it is permanently gone.
    >
    > Why the Recycle Bin is not receiving other deleted files is another issue.
    > Possibly a stuck <shift> key, as shift+delete will bypass the Recycle Bin.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "PVR" <peterv666@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    >>I use winxp/sp2. When I delete email files from Outlook Express they do
    >>not show in Recycle Bin. Same is true for other files. Recycle Bin
    >>Properties does NOT have the "Do not move files to the Recycle Bin..." box
    >>checked. I use "Freedom" anti-virus software from my ISP (Adelphia).
    >>
    >> How do I persuade Recycle Bin to retain my deleted files until I want to
    >> remove them permanently?
    >>
    >> Peter.

    You can ty this >>

    Read instructions at the top
    64. Right hand side
    Replace/Repair the Recycle Bin in Windows XP

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:5I-dnTmhdZCycOXcRVn-vg@adelphia.com,
    PVR <peterv666@adelphia.net> hunted and pecked:
    > Oops, now I feel quite dumb re: deleted emails. However the other
    > problem still remains and the <shift> key works OK with other
    > functions.
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Peter.

    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> First, deleted email from Outlook Express does not use the Recycle
    >> Bin, it goes to the deleted items folder in Outlook Express. Once
    >> removed from there, then it is permanently gone.
    >>
    >> Why the Recycle Bin is not receiving other deleted files is another
    >> issue. Possibly a stuck <shift> key, as shift+delete will bypass the
    >> Recycle Bin.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Best of Luck,

    >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >>
    >> "PVR" <peterv666@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    >>> I use winxp/sp2. When I delete email files from Outlook Express
    >>> they do not show in Recycle Bin. Same is true for other files.
    >>> Recycle Bin Properties does NOT have the "Do not move files to the
    >>> Recycle Bin..." box checked. I use "Freedom" anti-virus software
    >>> from my ISP (Adelphia).
    >>>
    >>> How do I persuade Recycle Bin to retain my deleted files until I
    >>> want to remove them permanently?
    >>>
    >>> Peter.

    Hi,

    No reason to feel dumb. You didn't know so you asked. Let us know if Kelly's
    fix helps.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "PVR" <peterv666@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > Oops, now I feel quite dumb re: deleted emails. However the other problem
    > still remains and the <shift> key works OK with other functions.
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Peter.

    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> First, deleted email from Outlook Express does not use the Recycle Bin,
    >> it goes to the deleted items folder in Outlook Express. Once removed from
    >> there, then it is permanently gone.
    >>
    >> Why the Recycle Bin is not receiving other deleted files is another
    >> issue. Possibly a stuck <shift> key, as shift+delete will bypass the
    >> Recycle Bin.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Best of Luck,

    >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >>
    >> "PVR" <peterv666@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    >>>I use winxp/sp2. When I delete email files from Outlook Express they do
    >>>not show in Recycle Bin. Same is true for other files. Recycle Bin
    >>>Properties does NOT have the "Do not move files to the Recycle Bin..."
    >>>box checked. I use "Freedom" anti-virus software from my ISP (Adelphia).
    >>>
    >>> How do I persuade Recycle Bin to retain my deleted files until I want to
    >>> remove them permanently?
    >>>
    >>> Peter.

    Short answer is "Yes, it worked, although I have only deleted one file so
    far. Many thanks.

    The long answer is that in order to Backup the registry I had to install
    Backup from the WinXP disc which meant finding that disc, ad nauseum. But it
    does work. Whoopee!

    Peter.

    > You can ty this >>
    >
    > Read instructions at the top
    > 64. Right hand side
    > Replace/Repair the Recycle Bin in Windows XP
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    > Wes
    >
    > In news:5I-dnTmhdZCycOXcRVn-vg@adelphia.com,
    > PVR <peterv666@adelphia.net> hunted and pecked:
    >> Oops, now I feel quite dumb re: deleted emails. However the other
    >> problem still remains and the <shift> key works OK with other
    >> functions.
    >>
    >> Thanks for your help.
    >>
    >> Peter.
    >>
    >> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> First, deleted email from Outlook Express does not use the Recycle
    >>> Bin, it goes to the deleted items folder in Outlook Express. Once
    >>> removed from there, then it is permanently gone.
    >>>
    >>> Why the Recycle Bin is not receiving other deleted files is another
    >>> issue. Possibly a stuck <shift> key, as shift+delete will bypass the
    >>> Recycle Bin.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Best of Luck,

    >>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    >>> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
    >>> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    >>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >>>
    >>> "PVR" <peterv666@adelphia.net> wrote in message

    I've been trying to figure why my Recycle Bin went bad. I had Norton System
    Works installed on this computer. This included Norton's "Protected Recycle
    Bin." I decided to uninstall System Works in favor of something else. Is it
    possible this uninstallation caused the standard Recycle Bin to go bad?

    Peter.

    > Hi,
    >
    > No reason to feel dumb. You didn't know so you asked. Let us know if
    > Kelly's fix helps.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "PVR" <peterv666@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    >> Oops, now I feel quite dumb re: deleted emails. However the other problem
    >> still remains and the <shift> key works OK with other functions.
    >>
    >> Thanks for your help.
    >>
    >> Peter.
    >>
    >> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> First, deleted email from Outlook Express does not use the Recycle Bin,
    >>> it goes to the deleted items folder in Outlook Express. Once removed
    >>> from there, then it is permanently gone.
    >>>
    >>> Why the Recycle Bin is not receiving other deleted files is another
    >>> issue. Possibly a stuck <shift> key, as shift+delete will bypass the
    >>> Recycle Bin.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Best of Luck,

    >>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    >>> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
    >>> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    >>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >>>
    >>> "PVR" <peterv666@adelphia.net> wrote in message

    On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 08:36:30 -0600, "Wesley Vogel"
    <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote:

    >You can ty this >>
    >http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
    >
    >Read instructions at the top
    >64. Right hand side
    >Replace/Repair the Recycle Bin in Windows XP

    Am I supposed to just add this file to my registry when prompted? Is
    it safe?

    Hi Teresa,

    Yes you are and yes it is. Kelly has been developing and distributing these
    for years. She tests everything on her own systems, and would never put up
    anything malicious.

    --

    <teresa3480@cs.com> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 08:36:30 -0600, "Wesley Vogel"
    > <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote:
    >
    >>You can ty this >>
    >>http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
    >>
    >>Read instructions at the top
    >>64. Right hand side
    >>Replace/Repair the Recycle Bin in Windows XP
    >
    > Am I supposed to just add this file to my registry when prompted? Is
    > it safe?

    On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 06:08:06 -0500, "Rick \"Nutcase\" Rogers"
    <rick@mvps.org> wrote:

    >Hi Teresa,
    >
    >Yes you are and yes it is. Kelly has been developing and distributing these
    >for years. She tests everything on her own systems, and would never put up
    >anything malicious.

    Thank you, Rick but the fix didn't do anything for me. Here's how I
    did it finally!
    My computer>C drive>folder options to show all system and hidden
    files>select and delete Recycler(with the icon)>restart

Internet Service Providers Windows XP