Ill matched components of what

Daz_76

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010
Hello,
Hi I have a gigabyte 785GMT-USB3, with 4gb of ddr3 1333mhz corsair ram and a 550x2 II cpu 3.10ghz and ati hd4760. My question is why is win 7 32 bit not as fast as i would expect & lags in crysis, it gives a heavy feeling & the overall os could be faster. I thought my specs would ba ample is there a mismatch in my lay out on what hdd is wd 500gb cavier gree edition. I want a smapier pc if pos, can you help.

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

1- The CPU is a dual core that don't have L3 cache that is used for heavy games like Crysis
2- The GPU isn't very good at high settings if u want play the games in that configuration
3- Win 7 32 bits only can use 3GB in normal configuration.

Daz_76

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010
Hi Saint well it does have L2 Cache 2 x 512KB and L3 Cache 6MB, so I don't know if your looking at the right cpu. I agree the Gpu so struggling with high settings. With what you say it sound like I am either better going back to xp maybe 64bit although I read it more for office work, not gaming. Or upgrade my system - however how is my mob looking does it have the wright speeds on front end bus & north bridge & enough capability for better ram, cpu, etc or did I get the wrong mob. I hear people talk about intel alot, but for the mob & cpu its alot more lay out, but im not really sure now if i bought well & matched well - what can you surgest. when you look on youtube they are opening up lots of apps very very fast. I tried win 64bit but even without installing anything it was very blotware with my setup
regards Daz_76

TRENDING THREADS