Scheduled scan for Symantec

Sorry about posting the last one twice.
I also had a scheduled scan for Symantec and can't delete it. When I
unchecked the box for the scheduled scan, it won't stop the scan.
Every time I have to restart my machine it starts running the
anti-virus scan.

--
cryssy9

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 18:58:41 +0100, cryssy9 wrote:

> Sorry about posting the last one twice.
> I also had a scheduled scan for Symantec and can't delete it. When I
> unchecked the box for the scheduled scan, it won't stop the scan.

The scheduled task is added and controlled by the Symantec software.
Changes to this item should be done through the settings in the Symantec
program.

> Every time I have to restart my machine it starts running the
> anti-virus scan.

This behavior is also controlled by settings for the Symantec antivirus
program. Open the program. Explore its menus for the various user settings.
Adjust to your liking. If not sure about a setting, consult the help file
before changing it.

I like to perform a full system/all files scan at least once a week. But
use "auto-protect" for everyday protection.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User