Disappearing files

I downloaded some files, but now i have no idea where they are. They seem to
have just disappeared! How can i find them? Also, how can i get rid of any
unnecessary junk on my computer? Signed, Completely Computer Illiterate
2 answers Last reply
More about disappearing files

    Dearest Nicole
    Might I suggest that you invite some computer literate friend(read that geek
    that you never talk to)over to help you with your problem.
    What you constitute as junk could be anything......who knows??
    This person would be more than happy to explain the simple precedures needed to
    not lose downloads,automatic cleaning of hard drives,defragging of hard
    drives,automatic restore points and all that good stuff that helps to maintain a
    clean and mean system.
    peter
    "Nicole F" <Nicole F@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I downloaded some files, but now i have no idea where they are. They seem to
    > have just disappeared! How can i find them? Also, how can i get rid of any
    > unnecessary junk on my computer? Signed, Completely Computer Illiterate

    Well, as far as the files go, click on start>search>all files and folders,
    then type in as much of the file name that you can remember in the top two
    boxes, then hit search. I they are in your pc they should show up in the
    left side pane, included will be there location.
    Then as far as your other request, do a search in this newsgroup ( try the
    windows Basics category) for any posts by Shenen Stanley, usually included
    in those post are an extremely thorough list of things you can do to clean
    up your pc.
    "Nicole F" <Nicole F@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I downloaded some files, but now i have no idea where they are. They seem
    > have just disappeared! How can i find them? Also, how can i get rid of any
    > unnecessary junk on my computer? Signed, Completely Computer Illiterate

Computers Microsoft Windows XP