Disappearing files

I downloaded some files, but now i have no idea where they are. They seem to
have just disappeared! How can i find them? Also, how can i get rid of any
unnecessary junk on my computer? Signed, Completely Computer Illiterate

peter

Dearest Nicole
Might I suggest that you invite some computer literate friend(read that geek
that you never talk to)over to help you with your problem.
What you constitute as junk could be anything......who knows??
This person would be more than happy to explain the simple precedures needed to
not lose downloads,automatic cleaning of hard drives,defragging of hard
drives,automatic restore points and all that good stuff that helps to maintain a
clean and mean system.
peter
"Nicole F" <Nicole F@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I downloaded some files, but now i have no idea where they are. They seem to
> have just disappeared! How can i find them? Also, how can i get rid of any
> unnecessary junk on my computer? Signed, Completely Computer Illiterate

Well, as far as the files go, click on start>search>all files and folders,
then type in as much of the file name that you can remember in the top two
boxes, then hit search. I they are in your pc they should show up in the
left side pane, included will be there location.
Then as far as your other request, do a search in this newsgroup ( try the
windows Basics category) for any posts by Shenen Stanley, usually included
in those post are an extremely thorough list of things you can do to clean
up your pc.