overclocking question

bonepony

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2002
my asus a7n8x is sitting at 133mhz at the moment, it came default at 100mhz. I was wondering if I should bump it up to the 166mhz. If so what would it do? And should I set the setings to aggressive or leave it at optimal?

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
LOL Some more details will help.
What kind of processor do you have?

Im assuming here that you dont know much about overclocking. If you increased the FSB to 166 most likely your system would stop working till you reset it.

To 'do' 166fsb your cpu has to be able to handle the speed increase of 25%, as well as your ram.

If you have PC2700 or better ram however it can be set at 166 while the fsb speed is still only 133 without too much problem.

<b><i>The Very Hungry Caterpillar</i> - George W. Bush's favorite childhood book.
Note: This book was first published a year after Mr Bush graduated from College.</b>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Push push push! I recommend you try anything and everything in BIOS to get it faster. After all, what's the worst that could happen?

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>