What Happened to my MSOffice Programs?

I had windowsME, and installed WindowsXP home edition - now I cannot pull up
any of my MSOffice products - MSWord, Powerpoint, etc. PLEASE HELP - how do
I get them back?
gary

Hi

If you 'upgraded' try accessing the programs via Start>Run. For MS Word
type

winword

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

Gary EC wrote:
> I had windowsME, and installed WindowsXP home edition - now I cannot
> pull up any of my MSOffice products - MSWord, Powerpoint, etc.
> PLEASE HELP - how do I get them back?
> gary

If you performed an in-place upgrade from an earlier edition of
Windows, and the Office applications were already installed, you'll
likely have to repair or reinstall them, so they can add the necessary
additional functions needed for use on a multi-user OS. It may be
sufficient to simply insert the respective installation CD and select
the "Detect and Repair" option.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: