How do I save Display Settings?

Still trying to configure my 19" LCD after finding some apps will not
accept the native resolution (1280x1024) that works best for the monitor.

I have decided that the most efficient way to work with these apps was
to create another User Profile to use just with those apps that need the
lower res (1024x768). I did so but now find that neither profile will
keep or save the intended resolution settings, so that I still have to
either increase or lower the res depending on what User Profile I am now
wanting to use.

Is there a way for a given display resolution to be "saved" or
"assigned" to a specific User Profile?

If not, is there *another* method to do this besides creating a
different User Profile?

---
Paul R
-------------------------------
For email reply, please remove 195

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 12:49:56 GMT, Paul R wrote:

> Still trying to configure my 19" LCD after finding some apps will not
> accept the native resolution (1280x1024) that works best for the monitor.
>
> I have decided that the most efficient way to work with these apps was
> to create another User Profile to use just with those apps that need the
> lower res (1024x768). I did so but now find that neither profile will
> keep or save the intended resolution settings, so that I still have to
> either increase or lower the res depending on what User Profile I am now
> wanting to use.
>
> Is there a way for a given display resolution to be "saved" or
> "assigned" to a specific User Profile?
>
> If not, is there *another* method to do this besides creating a
> different User Profile?

Answers below do not follow along with your path of reasoning but they are
workable suggestions:

Control screen settings on a per program basis:
Right click on the shortcut for a game and select Properties. On the
Compatibility page, select the display settings that should be used when
this program is launched. When the game is closed, the display settings go
back to what they were before the game was launched.

Or one click access to different resolutions via a third party tool. A free
tool by MVP Doug Knox is an example:
XP_QuickRes.exe System Tray Utility to Change Screen Resolution
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_quickres.htm

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User