Anything New?

wingsofzion

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2006
I was pretty happy when i built my machine last December (specs in sig) and now i feel that PC gaming has just hit an all time slump. Where are all the killer titles? For this year i only have 2 on my radar F.E.A.R 2 and Far Cry 2 and that's it. Are they no new titles being developed that'll push our machines to the limit this year?

mothhive

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2007
WoW: Wrath of the Lich King will have new fire effects! ;)

Seriously though, Fallout 3, Mass Effect, Stalker: Clear Sky, Tiberium, Starcraft 2, Spore, Empire Total War, HL Ep3, Warhammer Online, Left 4 Dead and possibly Alan Wake are some of many. Sure, I doubt most of them will push your system, but why is that a must? Surely if the games are fun, look gorgeous and run flawlessly, wouldn't that be better than a game that your computer struggles to run well?

Anyway, PC gaming isn't in a slump at all. I am looking forward to many titles, and those are just the games that I think I'll enjoy. There are many other titles that I don't know much about or don't care bout that will be released soon, but they may well interest others, so there should be something for every type of gamer to look forward too. But if you really want something to look forward to that will push your PC, look for info on Crysis: Warhead that has just been announced. That should keep ya happy. :D

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007

I still think Crysis alone will push your system.

I personally am looking forward to STALKER:Clear Sky. I have hear that the graphics engine has taken a major overhaul. The First STALKER was awesome, with the right game play and graphics mods.

rayzor

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2004
One game I'm looking forward to that always manages to escape mention (and as a huge fan of the Band of Brothers series) is Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway, which I believe is due out in September. Though they lacked the best gameplay, the content and overall experience of the previous games in the series have me really excited about this sequel. Like its predecessors, expect Hell's Highway to be extremely carefully designed and researched (for historical accuracy).