Dr Who mini playfield problems (new)

G

I just acquired a Doctor who pinball machine and the mini playfield has a problem, ive been looking everywhere for a solution and done most troubleshooting options. Ive fixed almost everything except for the mini-playfield the motor sounds like it wants to go up during the beginning and the tests, it says the ccw and cw directions have errors. the circular part the is supposed to move the playfield moves slightly but the playfield does not move up at all. Before i remove the playfield and disassemble the whole thing is there any quick solution or fix i should be looking for?
thank you,
Rob

afgun

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
Did you ever get a fix for this? My Doctor Who started doing this recently; I haven't dug into it yet, but the manual I purchased doesn't really address it. It seems to me like either the motor isn't doing its job, or there is some sort of clutch slipping (belt, rubber wheel, etc...)

robbo007

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
If your getting CW and CCW errors it could be wired the wrong way? I had the same errors and my motor was wired the wrong way around. I notice that red goes to black and black to red on mine.

Let me know? I can take photos if needed and you can check its all kosha.

Rob

afgun

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
I disassembled mine and discovered that the output gear was slightly cracked and slipping on the output shaft. Found a new one for $72 and ordered it up.