Inspiron 9200

jaygarala

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2004
Hi everybody,

Does any one know which audio drivers do I need for my Inspiron 9200??? I stupidly reinstalled (clean) windows xp and realized the idiots at Dell didnt provide me with a 'Resource CD' that they always do. I even went on the support site and no audio driver are listed!!!! (un-freakin-believable)

I even tried the ones from 9100 and they didnt work.

Does anybody know????

Thanks in advance,

Jay

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
Lots of the dell laptops I've delt with in the past didn't need any special dell drivers to work, windows had the drivers. The way dell has been goin I wouldn't be surprised if you need special dell drivers even for the audio and dell decided to be lazy and not post them. If the sound card doesn't have any special stuff (just left/right, mic connectors) it is probably a generic sound card that windows should pick up.

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>

RaPTuRe

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2001
I believe it just uses Sigmatel Audio - but I could be wrong. Besides, Dell are obligated to give you the Resource CD with all the drivers etc.- there are no other ways about it. Fone them up and demand that they send you the CD..

Regards,
RaPTuRe

Who's General Failure and why's he reading my disk?

jaygarala

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2004
Thanks for the replies... I found it... It waaass the Sigmatel and the same from the 9100 but the same driver does not work out of the box. I had to go manually add in an entry in the setup INF file for the device id... what kinda crap is that!?!??

very dissapointed..

Jay