This year, in gaming.. WHOOSH!

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
We've had a not too bad start for 08, a few good/great games, C&C3 Kane's Wrath got me re-hooked on the strategy games, and i'm all psyched up for RA3 and SCII. I'll probably finally get Sins of a Solar Empire in a week or two. I've only just got CoD4, finished the SP, ranking up in MP, great game, but I hate having to hold the hands of my squad mates all the way through, resisting the urge to shoot them and fail the mission.. Cod and Sins are gonna get me through this relatively dry summer.

Other than that, Fallout 3 woot, loved Oblivion, hated the previous Fallout games, looking forward to this (hahaha).

Crysis Warhead, hopefully it doesn't have a craptacular halo 2 inspired ending. And the multiplayer is maybe fun. A few mods i'm watching, especially Mechwarrior: Living Legends (gameplay video doesn't look too bad, they just show tanks and aircraft though and not the mechs in action, that i've seen).

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/mb5BvuCknfs&hl=en[/flash]

Spore, not yet sure what to make of it, somewhat excited, somewhat, wondering if i'd like it.

What other games are there to look forward to this year? (console, PC, fill in the blanks :) )

PS OMG will blizzard let us play SC2 and not just those korean pros? A DEMO THANKS!

ovaltineplease

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
If that mod is successful i'll probably blow a nut

I'd be more tasteful, but I can't think of any other way to express myself.

Mechwarrior series are probably my favorite pc games while they lasted, hell I remember the very very first mechwarrior game I played in 1990 on my Tandy 1000.

It ran on 2 diskettes. It had polygon graphics. It was insanely fun.

infornography42

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006

Heathen! Blasphemer!

I was really looking forward to this one but the DRM is turning me off. When it comes out I'll look into how the DRM shook out and then make a decision.

Force Unleashed, Ghostbusters, Mirror's Edge, Prototype, etc. I'm sure there are several I'm forgetting.

Here's hoping.

clay12340

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
Some of these have already been mentioned, but the titles I'm excited about this year are in no particular order :

Resident Evil, Spore, SC2(will probably be next year though), Fallout 3(I don't see how you could have hated the first games), Age of Conan(Already released, but MMOs are better judged after some time to mature), and Force Unleashed are probably my biggest titles.

Ghostbusters looks promising, and I've heard great things. However, I'm always extremely skeptical about movie games...

If they are going to revisit the Mech Warrior universe I hope it's in the form of Mech Commander.

mothhive

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2007
Aliens: Colonial Marines! I'm pretty sure that was slated for the ass end of 2008, but I may be wrong.

A Vampyre Story should also be with us soon and am really looking forward to it. Not enough adventure games these days!

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
Aliens: CM, 2009, Dragon Age too unfortunately (maybe not so bad, won't have any cash left for fall lol).

Call of Duty 5 is being released this year, World at War, back to WWII, yay, not. Although I think it has vehicles and a little bit of destructible environment. WWII overdone, I like my meat cooked, but no amount of BBQ sauce will make it taste better.

ovaltineplease

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
Somewhat agree, I think Call of Duty 1-2 really did capture the WWII essence very well when it was released. I think it'd be really cool to do another WW2 game, but only if the delivery of story is top notch like it was in CoD4.

Something of the core of the problem is where exactly do they go with the story? I mean bloody near everything has been covered. Maybe we'll be playing the Germans, who knows.

Oh Snap

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2008
Other than that, Fallout 3 woot, loved Oblivion, hated the previous Fallout games, looking forward to this (hahaha).
You disgust me.

Does anyone know if Far Cry 2 is going to be released this year? I saw a demo on youtube and it looked pretty good.

Other than that, I don't see anything worthwhile except SC2 and Wrath of the Lich King. I'm going to Blizzcon this year and hoping that they announce Diablo 3 then, so I'm bringing an extra pair of underwear in case I simultaneously **** and cream myself. Oh yes.

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006

Yeah, but I hate deserts. (love desserts)

CoD5 will be in the pacific and eastern front (pacific and allied assault lol?). But there will be coop.

Infinity Ward is trying to get the exclusive rights to make all future cod games after 5.

ovaltineplease

Distinguished
May 9, 2008

But zomg the original designers of Diablo aren't making it, it can't possibly be good !! 111 lol sound familiar to you?

Anyways, hopefully if they ever did release it; it'd be a quality product. Its too bad Hellgate: London has so many technical issues

ovaltineplease

Distinguished
May 9, 2008

I don't know if i'd really enjoy a pacific front CoD that much; but you never know it could be a huge hit.

Go rent Letters from Iwo Jima to get an idea what it might be like :p

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006

Remember that it is being made for consoles only most likely since it is made by treyarch, which is famous for there 'amazing' work on CoD 3. lol, im not so sure this will be that great of a game regardless of the theme or setting, but I could be/hope I am wrong!

Best,

3Ball

baracubra

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
WOOOOOT!!!!!

I've really been lookin 4ward to Age of Conan, but its a bit hard getting hold of it here in frikin Malaysia as amazon dont ship here lol...

I just CANT wait till september, thats when the real stuff comes out:

Crysis Warhead - wonder if they can bring anything new out of the story line, I dont wanna be fighting the same aliens and N Koreans on a dif side of island again..

FARCRY 2 - This is my most wanted game, wow....50km sq of open African roaming possibilities, with deserts and savanas and african jungles. I wonder how graphics will compare to Crysis...saw a few screenshots and at times the ground and rocks looked more detailed
-there is a great demo vid at: http://pc.ign.com/articles/877/877127p1.html
(resolution is not too high but a great demo of the game)

Hawx - Finally! I've been searching for a fighter pilot game for the PC for ages, I js wanna use my joystick and play with the 3D glasses!!
Why havnt they released a PC version of Ace Combat titles??

Anywayz, hav fun w8ting 4 the titles every1!!!

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006

It's coming for PC, but i'll hold my breath till I play it (if I play it).

SpinachEater

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007

TANDY 1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FTMFW!!!!!!! I think I was rocking out Wolfenstein 3D on mine.

tandy1000_ad2.jpg

SpinachEater

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007

If you check out Ubi's website they have a new trailer (new to me anyway) for FarCry2
http://farcry.us.ubi.com/index.php?page=home

I am a big fan of African settings....that might sound weird but it is true. I doubt the graphics will be stellar but I am looking forward to the game play. I am with you on that one though...I am excited about FarCry2.

ovaltineplease

Distinguished
May 9, 2008

mine was an SL/2

it had a 2mhz cpu and no hard drive. 640k ram.

I think the highest tech game it was capable of running was mechwarrior, I did play an xmen game on it though but I can't remember the name. ed: Oh, and I had the first Test Drive game.

Tandy 16 color. SIXTEEN COLORS.