user accounts and e-mail

I'm brand new to XP. I configured two accounts, one for me, one for my wife.
I have outlook express in both configured to look for our common e-mail but
it doesn't seem to work. They are both configured the same, I receive mail,
she doesn't. If she sends an e-mail to herself (our e-mail address) she gets
it and I don't. What gives here?
2 answers Last reply
More about user accounts mail

    If you are both using the same Email account the 1st one to access the account
    gets the mail.
    peter

    cese5 wrote:
    > I'm brand new to XP. I configured two accounts, one for me, one for
    > my wife. I have outlook express in both configured to look for our
    > common e-mail but it doesn't seem to work. They are both configured
    > the same, I receive mail, she doesn't. If she sends an e-mail to
    > herself (our e-mail address) she gets it and I don't. What gives
    > here?

    Courtesy of PA Bear :- Use Message Rules to filter your mail where the
    two addresses are aliases for the same mailbox.

    E.g., Me@ISP.com and You@ISP.com are aliases for one mailbox. In the
    Identity associated with Me@ISP.com, create a Message Rule stating,
    "Where To contains You@ISP.com, Do not download it from the server and
    Stop processing more rules" (The last phrase is important!) and place
    this rule at the very top of the list.

    Then create a similar rule for the Identity associated with You@ISP.com
    directing any messages addressed to Me@ISP.com to not be downloaded from
    the server.

    --
    Kath Adams
    MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

Outlook Express Windows XP Microsoft User Accounts Email