hi,

i have just logged off as the administrator and it gives me the option to
click onto my name to log back on - this i can follow! the prob is that under
my name it says i have 2 unread messages in my hotmail account but i dont! it
is really bugging me cause i never use this anyway! my main e mail account is
with yahoo, but i think i confused things when i tried to install msn msgr
(which i have now deleted anyway)

please help me,
carol

Hi Carol,

This should help:

Overview of Mail Notification Display on WinXP Welcome Screen [Q304148]
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=304148

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/