SP2: Can share files and internet, but not printer

Since installing SP2, I can't access a shared printer from the other
PC's.

File sharing works fine, and all PC's can connect to the internet via
the Linksys router. A Canon i560 printer is connected to one of the
machines, and we used to be able to print to it from any PC on the
network, but now none of the machines can find it.

The PC's can't find it, I've even tried typing in the exact
name...still no luck.

From XP Help:(Search help for "Share Printer")
"To share your printer
Open Printers and Faxes.
Right-click the printer you want to share, and then click Sharing.
The options you see on the Sharing tab differ depending on whether sharing
is enabled on your computer.If you have followed the steps listed above and
still cannot share this printer, open Windows Firewall. (To open Windows
Firewall, click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then
double-click Windows Firewall.) Then, on the Exceptions tab, select the File
and Printer Sharing check box".

"Mitch@hotmail.com" wrote:

> Since installing SP2, I can't access a shared printer from the other
> PC's.
>
> File sharing works fine, and all PC's can connect to the internet via
> the Linksys router. A Canon i560 printer is connected to one of the
> machines, and we used to be able to print to it from any PC on the
> network, but now none of the machines can find it.
>
> The PC's can't find it, I've even tried typing in the exact
> name...still no luck.

Assuming this printer still shows as the default printer and has the lstest
drivers, I thnk your best bet is to delete it and re-install it on all
computers.

"Hugh" wrote:

> From XP Help:(Search help for "Share Printer")
> "To share your printer
> Open Printers and Faxes.
> Right-click the printer you want to share, and then click Sharing.
> The options you see on the Sharing tab differ depending on whether sharing
> is enabled on your computer.If you have followed the steps listed above and
> still cannot share this printer, open Windows Firewall. (To open Windows
> Firewall, click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then
> double-click Windows Firewall.) Then, on the Exceptions tab, select the File
> and Printer Sharing check box".
>
> "Mitch@hotmail.com" wrote:
>
> > Since installing SP2, I can't access a shared printer from the other
> > PC's.
> >
> > File sharing works fine, and all PC's can connect to the internet via
> > the Linksys router. A Canon i560 printer is connected to one of the
> > machines, and we used to be able to print to it from any PC on the
> > network, but now none of the machines can find it.
> >
> > The PC's can't find it, I've even tried typing in the exact
> > name...still no luck.

TRENDING THREADS