Importing IE 6.0 Favorites bookmarks from backup to new IE..

After installing XP SP2, my operating system blew up. Had to reinstall and
lost all programs and data, but have a backup of my "Documents and Settings"
files from the night before the disaster. I now have reinstalled XP and SP2,
and am in the process of installing all new application software. I would
like to import my Favorite bookmarks from my previous IE 6.0 that I was using
on XP before it blew. How can I import?
4 answers Last reply
More about importing favorites bookmarks backup

    Hi.
    From wherever you have the backup stored, right click on your Favourites
    file and Copy.
    Open Windows Explorer > My Computer > C: > Documents abd Settings > Your
    Username and right click on the Favourites entry there, then Paste. Your
    saved Favourites should now be back in IE.

    HTH

    Colin.

    "1on1" wrote:

    > After installing XP SP2, my operating system blew up. Had to reinstall and
    > lost all programs and data, but have a backup of my "Documents and Settings"
    > files from the night before the disaster. I now have reinstalled XP and SP2,
    > and am in the process of installing all new application software. I would
    > like to import my Favorite bookmarks from my previous IE 6.0 that I was using
    > on XP before it blew. How can I import?

    Hi,

    You wouldn't import in this case, you would simply copy them back. Look in
    the saved D & S folder under your old profile at the favorites folder.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "1on1" <1on1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > After installing XP SP2, my operating system blew up. Had to reinstall and
    > lost all programs and data, but have a backup of my "Documents and
    > Settings"
    > files from the night before the disaster. I now have reinstalled XP and
    > SP2,
    > and am in the process of installing all new application software. I would
    > like to import my Favorite bookmarks from my previous IE 6.0 that I was
    > using
    > on XP before it blew. How can I import?

    Thanks - this is what I was looking for. -1on1

    "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > You wouldn't import in this case, you would simply copy them back. Look in
    > the saved D & S folder under your old profile at the favorites folder.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "1on1" <1on1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > After installing XP SP2, my operating system blew up. Had to reinstall and
    > > lost all programs and data, but have a backup of my "Documents and
    > > Settings"
    > > files from the night before the disaster. I now have reinstalled XP and
    > > SP2,
    > > and am in the process of installing all new application software. I would
    > > like to import my Favorite bookmarks from my previous IE 6.0 that I was
    > > using
    > > on XP before it blew. How can I import?

    Thanks. Just the help I needed!
    -1on1

    "coliboy" wrote:

    > Hi.
    > From wherever you have the backup stored, right click on your Favourites
    > file and Copy.
    > Open Windows Explorer > My Computer > C: > Documents abd Settings > Your
    > Username and right click on the Favourites entry there, then Paste. Your
    > saved Favourites should now be back in IE.
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > Colin.
    >
    > "1on1" wrote:
    >
    > > After installing XP SP2, my operating system blew up. Had to reinstall and
    > > lost all programs and data, but have a backup of my "Documents and Settings"
    > > files from the night before the disaster. I now have reinstalled XP and SP2,
    > > and am in the process of installing all new application software. I would
    > > like to import my Favorite bookmarks from my previous IE 6.0 that I was using
    > > on XP before it blew. How can I import?

Internet Explorer Backup Windows XP