Importing IE 6.0 Favorites bookmarks from backup to new IE..

After installing XP SP2, my operating system blew up. Had to reinstall and
lost all programs and data, but have a backup of my "Documents and Settings"
files from the night before the disaster. I now have reinstalled XP and SP2,
and am in the process of installing all new application software. I would
like to import my Favorite bookmarks from my previous IE 6.0 that I was using
on XP before it blew. How can I import?

Hi.
From wherever you have the backup stored, right click on your Favourites
file and Copy.
Open Windows Explorer > My Computer > C: > Documents abd Settings > Your
Username and right click on the Favourites entry there, then Paste. Your
saved Favourites should now be back in IE.

HTH

Colin.

"1on1" wrote:

> After installing XP SP2, my operating system blew up. Had to reinstall and
> lost all programs and data, but have a backup of my "Documents and Settings"
> files from the night before the disaster. I now have reinstalled XP and SP2,
> and am in the process of installing all new application software. I would
> like to import my Favorite bookmarks from my previous IE 6.0 that I was using
> on XP before it blew. How can I import?

Hi,

You wouldn't import in this case, you would simply copy them back. Look in
the saved D & S folder under your old profile at the favorites folder.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"1on1" <1on1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After installing XP SP2, my operating system blew up. Had to reinstall and
> lost all programs and data, but have a backup of my "Documents and
> Settings"
> files from the night before the disaster. I now have reinstalled XP and
> SP2,
> and am in the process of installing all new application software. I would
> like to import my Favorite bookmarks from my previous IE 6.0 that I was
> using
> on XP before it blew. How can I import?

Thanks - this is what I was looking for. -1on1

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You wouldn't import in this case, you would simply copy them back. Look in
> the saved D & S folder under your old profile at the favorites folder.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "1on1" <1on1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > After installing XP SP2, my operating system blew up. Had to reinstall and
> > lost all programs and data, but have a backup of my "Documents and
> > Settings"
> > files from the night before the disaster. I now have reinstalled XP and
> > SP2,
> > and am in the process of installing all new application software. I would
> > like to import my Favorite bookmarks from my previous IE 6.0 that I was
> > using
> > on XP before it blew. How can I import?

Thanks. Just the help I needed!
-1on1