Driver: linksys USB adapter wusb54g

Last response: in Wireless Networking
August 19, 2004 5:23:44 PM

Hi.
Using XP Professional.
I was thrilled to read that Linksys "fixed the memory leak problem" with
this adapter.
Honest to Pete...

I am trying to upgrade the driver from 1.08.0 on 1/12/2004 to the latest
driver that I downloaded from their website uising a different network
adapter.

This new drivr is WUSB54G_20040420.

When I run the install program, a Linksyswindow flashes on my screen then
disappears and that is the last I hear from Linksys.

The driver version does not change.

What can I do that to overcome this problem I bought into when I purchased
Linksys?

Thank you.
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 1:35:37 AM

Hi,
I had a similar issue with my driver upgrade.
Are you saying that you have later driver version than v1.08.0?

The latest version in The Netherlands is v1.08.0 (filename
WUSB54G_20040420).

My driver version was older than v1.08.0 and I upgraded the driver using the
steps below:
- unpack the EXE file (for example with Winzip)
- my computer, right click Properties, Hardware, Device manager
- go to Network adapters, Linksys Wireless G-Usb network adapter
- right click Properties
- go to Drivers, Update driver => point to wusb20xp.sys & update

/rob

"Carol Carrot" <CarolCarrot@sofsof.net> wrote in message
> Hi.
> Using XP Professional.
> I was thrilled to read that Linksys "fixed the memory leak problem" with
> this adapter.
> Honest to Pete...
>
> I am trying to upgrade the driver from 1.08.0 on 1/12/2004 to the latest
> driver that I downloaded from their website uising a different network
> adapter.
>
> This new drivr is WUSB54G_20040420.
>
> When I run the install program, a Linksyswindow flashes on my screen then
> disappears and that is the last I hear from Linksys.
>
> The driver version does not change.
>
> What can I do that to overcome this problem I bought into when I purchased
> Linksys?
>
> Thank you.

Anonymous
August 21, 2004 2:53:25 PM

Yes my version is v1.08.0 - how do you know that the file name is
WUSB54G_20040420?

My driver v1.08.0 is dated 1/12/2003, so I assume that WUSB54G_20040420
dated 2004/04/20 ought to be later than v1.08.0.

"Robban" <robbansoft@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I had a similar issue with my driver upgrade.
> Are you saying that you have later driver version than v1.08.0?
>
> The latest version in The Netherlands is v1.08.0 (filename
> WUSB54G_20040420).
>
> My driver version was older than v1.08.0 and I upgraded the driver using
the
> steps below:
> - unpack the EXE file (for example with Winzip)
> - my computer, right click Properties, Hardware, Device manager
> - go to Network adapters, Linksys Wireless G-Usb network adapter
> - right click Properties
> - go to Drivers, Update driver => point to wusb20xp.sys & update
>
> /rob
>
> "Carol Carrot" <CarolCarrot@sofsof.net> wrote in message
> > Hi.
> > Using XP Professional.
> > I was thrilled to read that Linksys "fixed the memory leak problem" with
> > this adapter.
> > Honest to Pete...
> >
> > I am trying to upgrade the driver from 1.08.0 on 1/12/2004 to the latest
> > driver that I downloaded from their website uising a different network
> > adapter.
> >
> > This new drivr is WUSB54G_20040420.
> >
> > When I run the install program, a Linksyswindow flashes on my screen
then
> > disappears and that is the last I hear from Linksys.
> >
> > The driver version does not change.
> >
> > What can I do that to overcome this problem I bought into when I
purchased
> > Linksys?
> >
> > Thank you.

August 21, 2004 11:19:06 PM

Hi,
If you right-click the file for driver version 1.08.0, you will notice that
the filename is WUSB54G_20040420.EXE (at least on the International download
page for Europe, The Netherlands).
The readme.txt in this file contains the text below:

Product: WUSB54G
Classification: Driver Release History
Release Date: 04 / 20 / 04
Driver Version : v1.0.8.0 (WinME, Win2000 and WinXP)
Monitor Version : v1.1

My driver version v1.08.0 is dated 12-01-2004.
The release date is not always the same as the development date. It can take
a few months before a new version is officially released.

br/rob

> Yes my version is v1.08.0 - how do you know that the file name is
> WUSB54G_20040420?
>
> My driver v1.08.0 is dated 1/12/2003, so I assume that WUSB54G_20040420
> dated 2004/04/20 ought to be later than v1.08.0.
>

> "Robban" <robbansoft@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I had a similar issue with my driver upgrade.
> > Are you saying that you have later driver version than v1.08.0?
> >
> > The latest version in The Netherlands is v1.08.0 (filename
> > WUSB54G_20040420).
> >
> > My driver version was older than v1.08.0 and I upgraded the driver using
> the
> > steps below:
> > - unpack the EXE file (for example with Winzip)
> > - my computer, right click Properties, Hardware, Device manager
> > - go to Network adapters, Linksys Wireless G-Usb network adapter
> > - right click Properties
> > - go to Drivers, Update driver => point to wusb20xp.sys & update
> >
> > /rob
> >
> > "Carol Carrot" <CarolCarrot@sofsof.net> wrote in message
> > > Hi.
> > > Using XP Professional.
> > > I was thrilled to read that Linksys "fixed the memory leak problem"
with
> > > this adapter.
> > > Honest to Pete...
> > >
> > > I am trying to upgrade the driver from 1.08.0 on 1/12/2004 to the
latest
> > > driver that I downloaded from their website uising a different network
> > > adapter.
> > >
> > > This new drivr is WUSB54G_20040420.
> > >
> > > When I run the install program, a Linksyswindow flashes on my screen
> then
> > > disappears and that is the last I hear from Linksys.
> > >
> > > The driver version does not change.
> > >
> > > What can I do that to overcome this problem I bought into when I
> purchased
> > > Linksys?
> > >
> > > Thank you.

Anonymous
August 22, 2004 11:23:42 PM

thanks! It must be awesome living i the Netherlands! What is a good
website?

!