Driver: linksys USB adapter wusb54g

Hi.
Using XP Professional.
I was thrilled to read that Linksys "fixed the memory leak problem" with
this adapter.
Honest to Pete...

I am trying to upgrade the driver from 1.08.0 on 1/12/2004 to the latest
driver that I downloaded from their website uising a different network
adapter.

This new drivr is WUSB54G_20040420.

When I run the install program, a Linksyswindow flashes on my screen then
disappears and that is the last I hear from Linksys.

The driver version does not change.

What can I do that to overcome this problem I bought into when I purchased
Linksys?

Thank you.
4 answers Last reply
More about driver linksys adapter wusb54g

    Hi,
    I had a similar issue with my driver upgrade.
    Are you saying that you have later driver version than v1.08.0?

    The latest version in The Netherlands is v1.08.0 (filename
    WUSB54G_20040420).

    My driver version was older than v1.08.0 and I upgraded the driver using the
    steps below:
    - unpack the EXE file (for example with Winzip)
    - my computer, right click Properties, Hardware, Device manager
    - go to Network adapters, Linksys Wireless G-Usb network adapter
    - right click Properties
    - go to Drivers, Update driver => point to wusb20xp.sys & update

    /rob

    "Carol Carrot" <CarolCarrot@sofsof.net> wrote in message
    > Hi.
    > Using XP Professional.
    > I was thrilled to read that Linksys "fixed the memory leak problem" with
    > this adapter.
    > Honest to Pete...
    >
    > I am trying to upgrade the driver from 1.08.0 on 1/12/2004 to the latest
    > driver that I downloaded from their website uising a different network
    > adapter.
    >
    > This new drivr is WUSB54G_20040420.
    >
    > When I run the install program, a Linksyswindow flashes on my screen then
    > disappears and that is the last I hear from Linksys.
    >
    > The driver version does not change.
    >
    > What can I do that to overcome this problem I bought into when I purchased
    > Linksys?
    >
    > Thank you.

    Yes my version is v1.08.0 - how do you know that the file name is
    WUSB54G_20040420?

    My driver v1.08.0 is dated 1/12/2003, so I assume that WUSB54G_20040420
    dated 2004/04/20 ought to be later than v1.08.0.

    "Robban" <robbansoft@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I had a similar issue with my driver upgrade.
    > Are you saying that you have later driver version than v1.08.0?
    >
    > The latest version in The Netherlands is v1.08.0 (filename
    > WUSB54G_20040420).
    >
    > My driver version was older than v1.08.0 and I upgraded the driver using
    the
    > steps below:
    > - unpack the EXE file (for example with Winzip)
    > - my computer, right click Properties, Hardware, Device manager
    > - go to Network adapters, Linksys Wireless G-Usb network adapter
    > - right click Properties
    > - go to Drivers, Update driver => point to wusb20xp.sys & update
    >
    > /rob
    >
    > "Carol Carrot" <CarolCarrot@sofsof.net> wrote in message
    > > Hi.
    > > Using XP Professional.
    > > I was thrilled to read that Linksys "fixed the memory leak problem" with
    > > this adapter.
    > > Honest to Pete...
    > >
    > > I am trying to upgrade the driver from 1.08.0 on 1/12/2004 to the latest
    > > driver that I downloaded from their website uising a different network
    > > adapter.
    > >
    > > This new drivr is WUSB54G_20040420.
    > >
    > > When I run the install program, a Linksyswindow flashes on my screen
    then
    > > disappears and that is the last I hear from Linksys.
    > >
    > > The driver version does not change.
    > >
    > > What can I do that to overcome this problem I bought into when I
    purchased
    > > Linksys?
    > >
    > > Thank you.

    Hi,
    If you right-click the file for driver version 1.08.0, you will notice that
    the filename is WUSB54G_20040420.EXE (at least on the International download
    page for Europe, The Netherlands).
    The readme.txt in this file contains the text below:

    Product: WUSB54G
    Classification: Driver Release History
    Release Date: 04 / 20 / 04
    Driver Version : v1.0.8.0 (WinME, Win2000 and WinXP)
    Monitor Version : v1.1

    My driver version v1.08.0 is dated 12-01-2004.
    The release date is not always the same as the development date. It can take
    a few months before a new version is officially released.

    br/rob

    > Yes my version is v1.08.0 - how do you know that the file name is
    > WUSB54G_20040420?
    >
    > My driver v1.08.0 is dated 1/12/2003, so I assume that WUSB54G_20040420
    > dated 2004/04/20 ought to be later than v1.08.0.
    >

    > "Robban" <robbansoft@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > > I had a similar issue with my driver upgrade.
    > > Are you saying that you have later driver version than v1.08.0?
    > >
    > > The latest version in The Netherlands is v1.08.0 (filename
    > > WUSB54G_20040420).
    > >
    > > My driver version was older than v1.08.0 and I upgraded the driver using
    > the
    > > steps below:
    > > - unpack the EXE file (for example with Winzip)
    > > - my computer, right click Properties, Hardware, Device manager
    > > - go to Network adapters, Linksys Wireless G-Usb network adapter
    > > - right click Properties
    > > - go to Drivers, Update driver => point to wusb20xp.sys & update
    > >
    > > /rob
    > >
    > > "Carol Carrot" <CarolCarrot@sofsof.net> wrote in message
    > > > Hi.
    > > > Using XP Professional.
    > > > I was thrilled to read that Linksys "fixed the memory leak problem"
    with
    > > > this adapter.
    > > > Honest to Pete...
    > > >
    > > > I am trying to upgrade the driver from 1.08.0 on 1/12/2004 to the
    latest
    > > > driver that I downloaded from their website uising a different network
    > > > adapter.
    > > >
    > > > This new drivr is WUSB54G_20040420.
    > > >
    > > > When I run the install program, a Linksyswindow flashes on my screen
    > then
    > > > disappears and that is the last I hear from Linksys.
    > > >
    > > > The driver version does not change.
    > > >
    > > > What can I do that to overcome this problem I bought into when I
    > purchased
    > > > Linksys?
    > > >
    > > > Thank you.

    thanks! It must be awesome living i the Netherlands! What is a good
    website?

    > Hi,
    > If you right-click the file for driver version 1.08.0, you will notice
    that
    > the filename is WUSB54G_20040420.EXE (at least on the International
    download
    > page for Europe, The Netherlands).
    > The readme.txt in this file contains the text below:
    >
    > Product: WUSB54G
    > Classification: Driver Release History
    > Release Date: 04 / 20 / 04
    > Driver Version : v1.0.8.0 (WinME, Win2000 and WinXP)
    > Monitor Version : v1.1
    >
    > My driver version v1.08.0 is dated 12-01-2004.
    > The release date is not always the same as the development date. It can
    take
    > a few months before a new version is officially released.
    >
    > br/rob
    >
    > "Carol Carrot" <CarolCarrot@sofsof.net> wrote in message
    > > Yes my version is v1.08.0 - how do you know that the file name is
    > > WUSB54G_20040420?
    > >
    > > My driver v1.08.0 is dated 1/12/2003, so I assume that WUSB54G_20040420
    > > dated 2004/04/20 ought to be later than v1.08.0.
    > >

    > > "Robban" <robbansoft@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > Hi,
    > > > I had a similar issue with my driver upgrade.
    > > > Are you saying that you have later driver version than v1.08.0?
    > > >
    > > > The latest version in The Netherlands is v1.08.0 (filename
    > > > WUSB54G_20040420).
    > > >
    > > > My driver version was older than v1.08.0 and I upgraded the driver
    using
    > > the
    > > > steps below:
    > > > - unpack the EXE file (for example with Winzip)
    > > > - my computer, right click Properties, Hardware, Device manager
    > > > - go to Network adapters, Linksys Wireless G-Usb network adapter
    > > > - right click Properties
    > > > - go to Drivers, Update driver => point to wusb20xp.sys & update
    > > >
    > > > /rob
    > > >
    > > > "Carol Carrot" <CarolCarrot@sofsof.net> wrote in message
    > with

    > latest

    > > then

    > > purchased

Linksys USB Adapter Windows XP Wireless Networking