Age of Empires: The Conquerors

fury123

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2005
Hi, i recently started playing this game again and i have noticed a few things...

1) The sound. Quite frequently I hear these clicks in the game that sound like too many things happened at once and it lagged and threw it all together in one click or something. I have an SB Audigy 4 soundcard, which has got to be 6 years older than when the game actually game out so i dont understand why there is the problem.

2) Also, while in game, the map will flash a odd shade of purple or something that messes up all the graphics. Everything has an odd purplish tint to it as if it suddenly decided to not accept a graphic layer in the game and it pooped out. <I just updated my video card driver to the most recent one, vc is Nvidia Geforce 7600 GS, so maybe that will solve the problem>

Anyway, any kind of help would be appreciated :) thanks

fury123

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2005
the video problem has stopped...i switched resolutions from 800 x w\e to the highest one...and it seems to help =)

but the sound problem still persists

fury123

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2005
2.09.0016 is the sound card driver

and yeah, i didnt realize my vc was out of date till when i got the new driver, and the sc i havnt needed a new driver for awhile...the ones i have seen all say its for OS vista

radnor

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008

Clickign, crispin , crushing , strange sounds in Vista with a Creative Card. Yup, that matches the profile.

Ill make a small intro.

Creative has sucky drivers for vista.
For good Creative drivers you have to pay 10$.
I think that's it.
I loved my Audigy. Its now next to my 3dfX Collection.

It was quite a big scandal 6 months after Vista released. And when Vista released also. Are the Creative Forum Admins deleting posts again ? Dang those guys are slick.