unknown mysterious new user

October 25, 2004 7:30:51 PM

Recently installed the "Microsoft Partner Pack" , found nothing of real use
to me and deleted it ( each segment had to be removed individually) .

I now have a new user on my computer named "ASP.Net Machine A" , now
requiring me to make a selection of user at logon.

Can I safely delete this new user?

Thanks
Chas
Anonymous
October 25, 2004 8:34:14 PM

Hi

Please have a look a the following link:

"What is the ASP.NET Machine Account?"
http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Charles Swenson" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Recently installed the "Microsoft Partner Pack" , found nothing of real
> use to me and deleted it ( each segment had to be removed individually) .
>
> I now have a new user on my computer named "ASP.Net Machine A" , now
> requiring me to make a selection of user at logon.
>
> Can I safely delete this new user?
>

> Thanks
> Chas

Anonymous
October 25, 2004 11:02:43 PM

Thanks Will ,

The registry tweak in the info fixed it.

Chas

> Hi
>
> Please have a look a the following link:
>
> "What is the ASP.NET Machine Account?"
> http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Charles Swenson" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Recently installed the "Microsoft Partner Pack" , found nothing of real
>> use to me and deleted it ( each segment had to be removed individually) .
>>
>> I now have a new user on my computer named "ASP.Net Machine A" , now
>> requiring me to make a selection of user at logon.
>>
>> Can I safely delete this new user?
>>

>> Thanks
>> Chas

Anonymous