unknown mysterious new user

Recently installed the "Microsoft Partner Pack" , found nothing of real use
to me and deleted it ( each segment had to be removed individually) .

I now have a new user on my computer named "ASP.Net Machine A" , now
requiring me to make a selection of user at logon.

Can I safely delete this new user?

Thanks
Chas
3 answers Last reply
More about unknown mysterious user

    Hi

    Please have a look a the following link:

    "What is the ASP.NET Machine Account?"
    http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Charles Swenson" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Recently installed the "Microsoft Partner Pack" , found nothing of real
    > use to me and deleted it ( each segment had to be removed individually) .
    >
    > I now have a new user on my computer named "ASP.Net Machine A" , now
    > requiring me to make a selection of user at logon.
    >
    > Can I safely delete this new user?
    >

    > Thanks
    > Chas

    Thanks Will ,

    The registry tweak in the info fixed it.

    Chas

    > Hi
    >
    > Please have a look a the following link:
    >
    > "What is the ASP.NET Machine Account?"
    > http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "Charles Swenson" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> Recently installed the "Microsoft Partner Pack" , found nothing of real
    >> use to me and deleted it ( each segment had to be removed individually) .
    >>
    >> I now have a new user on my computer named "ASP.Net Machine A" , now
    >> requiring me to make a selection of user at logon.
    >>
    >> Can I safely delete this new user?
    >>

    >> Thanks
    >> Chas

    You're welcome Chas. Glad all is well.

    --

    > Thanks Will ,
    >
    > The registry tweak in the info fixed it.
    >

    > Chas

    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Please have a look a the following link:
    >>
    >> "What is the ASP.NET Machine Account?"
    >> http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Will Denny
    >> MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >> Please reply to the News Groups
    >>

    >> "Charles Swenson" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >>> Recently installed the "Microsoft Partner Pack" , found nothing of real
    >>> use to me and deleted it ( each segment had to be removed individually)
    >>> .
    >>>
    >>> I now have a new user on my computer named "ASP.Net Machine A" , now
    >>> requiring me to make a selection of user at logon.
    >>>
    >>> Can I safely delete this new user?
    >>>

    >>> Thanks
    >>> Chas

Computers Microsoft Windows XP