Transfer pics from camera to pc?

Having difficulty..any help appreciated.

Trying to transfer digipics from camera to pc via Start/My Pictures/Get
pictures from Camera or Scanner ...but then get message that the computer
cannot detect the scanner or camera.

I CAN transfer pics from camera to pc using Microsoft Scanner and Camera
Wizard...but not via My Pictures/Get pics from Camera.

Any thoughts,

Thanks,
John
5 answers Last reply
More about transfer pics camera

    I'm guessing that you're using a USB connection. You should be able to plug
    the USB cable into your digicam and click on my computer and access it that
    way.

    "John Smith" <OrmesbyJohn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    Having difficulty..any help appreciated.

    Trying to transfer digipics from camera to pc via Start/My Pictures/Get
    pictures from Camera or Scanner ...but then get message that the computer
    cannot detect the scanner or camera.

    I CAN transfer pics from camera to pc using Microsoft Scanner and Camera
    Wizard...but not via My Pictures/Get pics from Camera.

    Any thoughts,

    Thanks,
    John

    Thanks for that.
    Yes its a USB cable connection.
    But again when I do Start/My Computer/click the camera icon under Scanners
    and Cameras/Get Pictures from Camera I get message that the computer cannot
    ---------

    John Smith wrote:
    > Thanks for that.
    > Yes its a USB cable connection.
    > But again when I do Start/My Computer/click the camera icon under
    > Scanners and Cameras/Get Pictures from Camera I get message that the
    > computer cannot detect the scanner or camera.

    There may be software it needs - depending on the camera.. Have you
    installed it?

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    "Shenan Stanley" <news_helper@hushmail.com> wrote in message
    > John Smith wrote:
    >> Thanks for that.
    >> Yes its a USB cable connection.
    >> But again when I do Start/My Computer/click the camera icon under
    >> Scanners and Cameras/Get Pictures from Camera I get message that the
    >> computer cannot detect the scanner or camera.
    >
    > There may be software it needs - depending on the camera.. Have you
    > installed it?
    >
    > --
    > <- Shenan ->
    -----------------------
    Yes I've installed the software.....further info...
    My pc is not recognising my camera - its an Olympus 5050
    The camera hardware shown listed are Olympus 5050 and Olympus D-500L
    In My Computer the icon shown is named Olympus D-500L
    I'm wondering if this is the problem.
    I'd like to delete all reference to the Olympus D-500L - How do I do that?
    Thanks,
    John
    ------------

    "Shenan Stanley" <news_helper@hushmail.com> wrote in message
    > John Smith wrote:
    >> Thanks for that.
    >> Yes its a USB cable connection.
    >> But again when I do Start/My Computer/click the camera icon under
    >> Scanners and Cameras/Get Pictures from Camera I get message that the
    >> computer cannot detect the scanner or camera.
    >
    > There may be software it needs - depending on the camera.. Have you
    > installed it?
    >
    > --
    > <- Shenan ->
    ----------------------------

    Hi,
    Thanks for the comments.
    Good news - got it sorted...at least via My Computer which will
    do!...problem turned out to be because I had the wrong camera description
    loaded....when all reference to cameras was deleted via device manager,
    then, when camera connected a Removable disc H appeared in My Computer...and
    clicking a couple of times accessed the pics..goodho :-)
    Thank again,
    John

Cameras Scanners Microsoft Windows XP