nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
I've looked at several "gaming" sites recently and i'm kind of dissapointed with most/all of them. What's a good web site that does maybe some periodicals and is more focused on pc games? Like previews and what not. I'd prefer respectable you know... where crappy games get crappy reviews. I used to like ign, but now it's bloated and i'm not paying for what i can get for free if you know what i mean. :p

anyway, tell me some of the ones you think are the best so i can check them out.

infornography42

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Gamespot? Really? Unless things have changed notably since about 8 years ago I beg to differ. I can't say for sure though because I haven't paid them any attention for about 8 years because they were consistently garbage back then.

I would be interested in a good gaming news site. Tom's games is cool but doesn't really cover the majority of the games that come out.

Kraynor

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2007
I personally follow a few sites...

Kotaku and Joystiq are great all-round gaming news sites, while they don't cover absolutely everything they do cover a nice amount.

Then there's Joystiq's sister sites...

Xbox 360 Fanboy
Wii Fanboy
DS Fanboy
PS3 Fanboy
PSP Fanboy
WoW Insider

And if you're looking for MMO news, hit up Massively.com

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
I have looked at gamespot in the past, and i'm not to hot on them. I also checked out kotaku and Joystiq, They're okay for news updates and what not, but not quite the layout and content level i was looking at. Also, mostly looking for pc games... uhg... this is getting difficult especially after the new second take and what they said about ign... I used to love them till they became bloated and a pay site.

thanks for all the input... i'm still hunting for that perfect game site though. :p

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
ahh, forgot about one up.

I found one erlier today that i kind of got addicted to it's www.gamesradar.com

Has a pretty clean layout, the reviews are pretty straight foreward and so simplistic that it doesn't ruin the game for you. I'll still keep looking, but the writers seem to have a good sense of humor about them.

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
ahh, forgot about one up.

I found one erlier today that i kind of got addicted to it's www.gamesradar.com

Has a pretty clean layout, the reviews are pretty straight foreward and so simplistic that it doesn't ruin the game for you. I'll still keep looking, but the writers seem to have a good sense of humor about them.

TRENDING THREADS