Patching issues with COH

clayforhim648

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2007
Hello all,

Not sure where to post this but I'm getting the following error after installing and then trying to patch Company of Heroes:

"An error occurred while patching file C:\Program Files\THQ\Company of Heroes\Engine\Archives\Engine.sga" Error code 10104

I've been researching this on the forums for Relic (the maker of the game) and have some leads. What's happening is that the patch is downloaded but everytime I try to actually run it and patch the files, I get this error. In fact, I've tried it twice, with a reboot in between, and instead of the "Engine.sga" file alarming, I got something like a WW2.Sound.sga. In other words, I'm getting the same error code 10104, but the patch is failing at different files.

This has led to two possible answers...one is the patch is bad. But there doesn't seem to be a lot of people complaining on the forums about this type of error and if it was the patch, it should alarm at the same file, not a different one every time. Because the file failure is sporadic, the other possible answer might be the memory. I was wondering if anyone has had similar issues. I built a new PC in January and have 4 gb of G. Skill memory in an XP machine. Ever since I've wondered whether having 4 gb of sticks in there has made the PC a little buggy or maybe one of the sticks has issues. I already had to send one pair of G. Skill memory back for replacement!

Any suggestions would be welcomed

TRENDING THREADS