"The page cannot be displayed"

Tonight I seem to have altered a setting trhat has resulted in certain web
pages not appearing in full.

On some sites adverts are omitted replaced by a smalll rectangle containing
an "i" with The page cannot be displayed along side.The rest of the page is
ok.

On other sites the whole page appears but either towards the LHS of the
monitor or down the middle. (leaving spaces at either side.)

On most sites everything is OK.

Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated
3 answers Last reply
More about page displayed

    "Fergie" <gordon@fergusonnospam9497.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

    >Tonight I seem to have altered a setting trhat has resulted in certain web
    >pages not appearing in full.

    See "How to Restore the Operating System to a Previous State in
    Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306084).

    --
    (tm)

    "Thorsten Matzner" <tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote in message
    > "Fergie" <gordon@fergusonnospam9497.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >>Tonight I seem to have altered a setting trhat has resulted in certain web
    >>pages not appearing in full.
    >
    > See "How to Restore the Operating System to a Previous State in
    > Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306084).

    I`ve tried system restore but to no avail.

    Any other suggestions most appreciated.

    PS I`ve also returned the internet options back to default.

    "Fergie" <gordon@fergusonnospam9497.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

    >I`ve tried system restore but to no avail.
    >Any other suggestions most appreciated.
    >PS I`ve also returned the internet options back to default.

    Try this also: "How to troubleshoot problems accessing secure Web
    pages with Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 2"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=870700).

    --
    (tm)

Microsoft Windows XP