Dual DDR Pentium Boards?

groth2757

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2002
I was looking at some of the benchmark scores for the E7205 chipset and I wasn't very happy with the performance. Any word on future Dual DDR Pentium based boards that will have better performance more close to PC1066? I'm building a system for a friend and was wondering if I should wait for new Dual DDR boards or go with the 845PE chipset which looks real nice. Any help would be great!!

<font color=red>My computer is like a woman, once a month I have to spend money on it.</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
<A HREF="http://tw.giga-byte.com/products/8sq800ultra.htm" target="_new">Check THIS out!!!</A>

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

groth2757

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2002
Sorry Crashman I have given up on Gigabyte because everything I've ever gotten has broken in one way or another.

<font color=red>My computer is like a woman, once a month I have to spend money on it.</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Funny, I guess it's just your bad luck. Like, if you look at SiS648 boards, the Asus P4S8X is junk and the 8SG667 is a jewel.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

groth2757

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2002
Gee with all of those features you think they could have upgraded that crappy audio chip.

Karlsbad

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2002
Lol man you still can't find that url by any links on their site, can you? I can't. Does that make it not announced?

You seen Digitimes 1/6? Seems to contradict what that Gigabyte page says about hyperthreading(?)

<A HREF="http://www.digitimes.com/NewsShow/Article3.asp?datePublish=2003/01/06&pages=04&seq=19" target="_new">http://www.digitimes.com/NewsShow/Article3.asp?datePublish=2003/01/06&pages=04&seq=19</A>

Committed to excellence, willing to make do with high average, able to get by on mediocrity in a pinch.

Karlsbad

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2002
Doh I totally lied, there it is, out in the world with a link to it on their motherboards page. They don't seem very excited about it though.

Now just give us the manual that tells us in which cases HT is supported. Is it going to say if you have a board with 655-A0 then it isn't, and if you have 655-B0 it is, please examine your Gigabyte motherboard with an electron microscope to determine which group you fall into?

Committed to excellence, willing to make do with high average, able to get by on mediocrity in a pinch.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Perhaps a flaw in there internal communication and they won't ship in until the B0 is released? I can wait a bit longer I guess.

TRENDING THREADS