Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
YES! WHOOOOOOLLLY CRAP that board has EVERYTHING, unlike the AMD board that other guy was talking about this has SATA RAID <b>AND</b> ATA133 RAID!!! USB 2.0 AND Firewire. AGP8X AND Hyperthreading! WTF? Now I can build that 655 chipset system I've been talking about since last May!

<b><font color=blue>REVIEWS PEOPLE, WE NEED REVIEWS</font color=blue></b>

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

modeverything

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2003
I have a question about this board. I have heard some bad things in the past about Gigabyte boards, and while every product does get some bad reviews, I've never heard anything good about Gigabyte from someone who owns one. I've only heard good things about Gigabyte when it comes to features and benchmarks, but nothing that has ever said they were good quality. I am not arguing any opinions here, I'm just wondering, from someone who has experience with Gigabyte, are they actually good boards?

And Crashman, I looked at the specs on Gigabyte's site and I didn't see where it said that board has S-ATA RAID, only IDE. I'm not saying it doesn't have it, I just didn't see it.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes, they are great boards. I'm a system builder, I've used EVERYONE'S boards.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Their video cards suck, I don't know whether it's driver or hardware related. Haven't heard any complaints about their newer non-integrated chipsets.

Tirion

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2003
Hey, speaking of Gigabyte boards, I know someone who is currently having problems with one he installed. I have personally never used one, so I have no experience with them.

I hate computers..... why am I still here?

groth2757

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2002
Well every Gigabyte board I've bought has had problems at one time or another. Also trying to get a response from Gigabyte is very difficult at times. I've had Abit in the past and have never had trouble with them. Maybe Gigabyte is getting better but, sad to say, I have a bad taste in my mouth. Today mobos have so many more integrated features than they did just a year ago. This could be the reason for some boards having problems. We almost don't even need PCI slots anymore!

<font color=red>My computer is like a woman, once a month I have to spend money on it.</font color=red>

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
Audio of ASUS A7N8X and all MCP-T boards are much better than this mobo

<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=26708#26708" target="_new"> Go to my CPU Vendor Poll </A>