modem drivers for Windows XP

I have recently upgraded my computer with Windows XP but this has caused
problems with my modem which 'cannot be detected' since the modem's driver is
not compatable with XP. Where could i possible down load an upgraded driver
for my modem (motorola SM56 V90 PCI speaker modem)?
Please help...
Thank you.
4 answers Last reply
More about modem drivers windows

    Motorola Modem Drivers
    http://www.modem-drivers.com/companies/694.htm

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "ada" <ada@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote in news:230FC9C5-CB64-49EE-852A-435ADFD9C9CA@microsoft.com:
    > I have recently upgraded my computer with Windows XP but this has
    > caused problems with my modem which 'cannot be detected' since the
    > modem's driver is not compatable with XP. Where could i possible down
    > load an upgraded driver for my modem (motorola SM56 V90 PCI speaker
    > modem)?
    > Please help...
    > Thank you.

    Geez. Go to http://www.motorola.com/ and search on "SM56". The match
    list will include a link to
    http://www.motorola.com/softmodem/driver.htm.

    Motorola

    "ada" <ada@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have recently upgraded my computer with Windows XP but this has caused
    > problems with my modem which 'cannot be detected' since the modem's driver
    > is
    > not compatable with XP. Where could i possible down load an upgraded
    > driver
    > for my modem (motorola SM56 V90 PCI speaker modem)?
    > Please help...
    > Thank you.

    have you tried the manufacturer's web site? Another way is to set the modem
    up as a standard modem and install the standard driver. Obviously you loose
    the ability for speakerphone, fax etc but if you don't use them then it
    doesn't matter. Use the add hardware in control panel and select modem then
    standard v90 modem. The driver should then install. This is just an
    alternative to get you up and running. If the modem manufacturer has a new
    updated driver then please use that one instead.

    --
    John Barnett MVP
    Associate Expert

    "ada" <ada@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have recently upgraded my computer with Windows XP but this has caused
    > problems with my modem which 'cannot be detected' since the modem's driver
    > is
    > not compatable with XP. Where could i possible down load an upgraded
    > driver
    > for my modem (motorola SM56 V90 PCI speaker modem)?
    > Please help...
    > Thank you.

Modem Windows XP