Compaq Desk Pro

Can anyone tell me the specs and model of a Compaq Desk Pro computer Serial #
6845 BZK2 A674 and what hardware & software and operating system it had from
the factory?
Other nummbers I can find are
DPENM-P333/6.4/W5Cn US
Series PD 1006

Would like to know if this would be worth fixing for my Grand Children to use
when visiting .

HP was no help, other than to say it was out of Warranty.

Thanks to all.

John,

The information "DPENM-P333/6.4/W5Cn US" indicates a 333MHz Pentium II with
6.4GB hard drive. Amount of memory is not clear, nor is it obvious whether or
not a CD-ROM drive is present. The computer probably had either Windows 98 or
Windows 95, most likely the former... Ben Myers

On 01 Jul 2004 22:19:10 GMT, bigjohn2@aol.com (Big John 2) wrote:

>Can anyone tell me the specs and model of a Compaq Desk Pro computer Serial #
>6845 BZK2 A674 and what hardware & software and operating system it had from
>the factory?
>Other nummbers I can find are
>DPENM-P333/6.4/W5Cn US
>Series PD 1006
>
>Would like to know if this would be worth fixing for my Grand Children to use
>when visiting .
>
>HP was no help, other than to say it was out of Warranty.
>
>Thanks to all.

It does have a CD-Rom drive, a floppy and an open bay that held a tape drive.
Do you know if I can obtain the restore disks for it. Also what is the model?
Thanks Ben

I doubt that restore disks are available any longer from HPaq. You're just as
well off reloading an operating system from an OEM copy of Windows 98, then
adding any drivers required by the system, but not part of standard Windows 98.
Look for copies of 98 at flea markets, garage sales, etc... Ben Myers

On 02 Jul 2004 02:59:25 GMT, bigjohn2@aol.com (Big John 2) wrote:

>It does have a CD-Rom drive, a floppy and an open bay that held a tape drive.
>Do you know if I can obtain the restore disks for it. Also what is the model?
>Thanks Ben

Ben

Thanks again for the info. I will try and do that. I have a Full Retail version
of Win 95 and an upgrade copy of Win 98se. I will try these before going to the
expence of getting a Full version of Win 98.

Thanks

John L.