Convert sata ahci to ata mode in bios win7

hershnator

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010
Hello,
im trying to install win xp on my laptop that has win7 on it. i did everything the art. said. when I go to install win xp I get the blue screen on death. I was told to convert the sata ahci to ata mode in bios. I can't get into bios to do so. Any thoughts?

hershnator

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010

I mean im trying to set bios to ide mode. when I go into bios it does not give me that option. Is there any other way of changing it?

marcellis22

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
F2 for Dells, F10 for HPs, Delete key for most anything else... Are you getting a 0x0000007B error? That would be a drive controller issue... What might help the rest of us not guess about your problem would be for you to supply laptop manufacturer and the blue screen error...

BIOS'es on laptops are almost always less flexible than those you find on Desktop motherboards. If the option does not appear in your BIOS, seek a BIOS update from the manufacturer of your laptop. If it is up to date already, you will need to download and integrate the AHCI drivers into your Windows XP install disk via a program like nLite.

hershnator

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010
Sorry, i have an hp. The error said win had to shut down to prevent problems to your computer, if this is the first time you seen this, reboot. Etc...
I have read many articles and they keep going back to switching to ide in bios. I did get into bios, but I can't find where to make the changes.