Fatal Execution Error in Windows Update

I'm encountering a problem with Microsoft Windows Update. The search
function recommends the following critical updates but they won't install:

NET Framework 1.0 Service Pack 3, English Version
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1

For both updates I encounter the Fatal Execution Error (0X7926fcd8). This
failure has occurred many times. What should I do?

---
More about fatal execution error windows update

    If it says says it cant find a jit debugger

    then do this :

    JIT is a 'Just-in-Time' compiler used by Java so the first thing to try is
    to download and install Java from http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

    The error message appears to be related to the Microsoft . NET download. Was
    that the one that failed? Get Java first then try again.

    "Nick Cellino" wrote:

    > I'm encountering a problem with Microsoft Windows Update. The search
    > function recommends the following critical updates but they won't install:
    >
    > NET Framework 1.0 Service Pack 3, English Version
    > Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
    >
    > For both updates I encounter the Fatal Execution Error (0X7926fcd8). This
    > failure has occurred many times. What should I do?
    >

    > ---

    Both listed below failed to install.

    "The registered JIT debugger is not available" is the message I received
    when I tried to debug.

    I tried to install JAVA but encountered a problem when a page could not be
    found. I'll try again tomorrow.

    Nick

    "Ritesh Nigam - Microsoft Techie"
    <RiteshNigamMicrosoftTechie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > If it says says it cant find a jit debugger
    >
    > then do this :
    >
    > JIT is a 'Just-in-Time' compiler used by Java so the first thing to try is
    > to download and install Java from
    > http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
    >
    > The error message appears to be related to the Microsoft . NET download.
    > Was
    > that the one that failed? Get Java first then try again.
    >
    > "Nick Cellino" wrote:
    >
    >> I'm encountering a problem with Microsoft Windows Update. The search
    >> function recommends the following critical updates but they won't
    >> install:
    >>
    >> NET Framework 1.0 Service Pack 3, English Version
    >> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
    >>
    >> For both updates I encounter the Fatal Execution Error (0X7926fcd8). This
    >> failure has occurred many times. What should I do?
    >>

    >> ---

    ---

    I finally got JAVA but the problem remains. Same Fatal Execution Error
    (0X7926fcd8).

    Nick

    "Nick Cellino" <mechanic123@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > Both listed below failed to install.
    >
    > "The registered JIT debugger is not available" is the message I received
    > when I tried to debug.
    >
    > I tried to install JAVA but encountered a problem when a page could not be
    > found. I'll try again tomorrow.
    >
    > Nick
    >
    > "Ritesh Nigam - Microsoft Techie"
    > <RiteshNigamMicrosoftTechie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> If it says says it cant find a jit debugger
    >>
    >> then do this :
    >>
    >> JIT is a 'Just-in-Time' compiler used by Java so the first thing to try
    >> is
    >> to download and install Java from
    >> http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
    >>
    >> The error message appears to be related to the Microsoft . NET download.
    >> Was
    >> that the one that failed? Get Java first then try again.
    >>
    >> "Nick Cellino" wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'm encountering a problem with Microsoft Windows Update. The search
    >>> function recommends the following critical updates but they won't
    >>> install:
    >>>
    >>> NET Framework 1.0 Service Pack 3, English Version
    >>> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
    >>>
    >>> For both updates I encounter the Fatal Execution Error (0X7926fcd8).
    >>> This
    >>> failure has occurred many times. What should I do?
    >>>

    >>> ---
    >>>

    > ---

    ---

Framework Windows Update Microsoft Windows XP