Fatal Execution Error in Windows Update

I'm encountering a problem with Microsoft Windows Update. The search
function recommends the following critical updates but they won't install:

NET Framework 1.0 Service Pack 3, English Version
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1

For both updates I encounter the Fatal Execution Error (0X7926fcd8). This
failure has occurred many times. What should I do?

---

If it says says it cant find a jit debugger

then do this :

JIT is a 'Just-in-Time' compiler used by Java so the first thing to try is
to download and install Java from http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

The error message appears to be related to the Microsoft . NET download. Was
that the one that failed? Get Java first then try again.

"Nick Cellino" wrote:

> I'm encountering a problem with Microsoft Windows Update. The search
> function recommends the following critical updates but they won't install:
>
> NET Framework 1.0 Service Pack 3, English Version
> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
>
> For both updates I encounter the Fatal Execution Error (0X7926fcd8). This
> failure has occurred many times. What should I do?
>

> ---

Both listed below failed to install.

"The registered JIT debugger is not available" is the message I received
when I tried to debug.

I tried to install JAVA but encountered a problem when a page could not be
found. I'll try again tomorrow.

Nick

"Ritesh Nigam - Microsoft Techie"
<RiteshNigamMicrosoftTechie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If it says says it cant find a jit debugger
>
> then do this :
>
> JIT is a 'Just-in-Time' compiler used by Java so the first thing to try is
> to download and install Java from
> http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
>
> The error message appears to be related to the Microsoft . NET download.
> Was
> that the one that failed? Get Java first then try again.
>
> "Nick Cellino" wrote:
>
>> I'm encountering a problem with Microsoft Windows Update. The search
>> function recommends the following critical updates but they won't
>> install:
>>
>> NET Framework 1.0 Service Pack 3, English Version
>> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
>>
>> For both updates I encounter the Fatal Execution Error (0X7926fcd8). This
>> failure has occurred many times. What should I do?
>>

>> ---

---

I finally got JAVA but the problem remains. Same Fatal Execution Error
(0X7926fcd8).

Nick

"Nick Cellino" <mechanic123@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Both listed below failed to install.
>
> "The registered JIT debugger is not available" is the message I received
> when I tried to debug.
>
> I tried to install JAVA but encountered a problem when a page could not be
> found. I'll try again tomorrow.
>
> Nick
>
> "Ritesh Nigam - Microsoft Techie"
> <RiteshNigamMicrosoftTechie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> If it says says it cant find a jit debugger
>>
>> then do this :
>>
>> JIT is a 'Just-in-Time' compiler used by Java so the first thing to try
>> is
>> to download and install Java from
>> http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
>>
>> The error message appears to be related to the Microsoft . NET download.
>> Was
>> that the one that failed? Get Java first then try again.
>>
>> "Nick Cellino" wrote:
>>
>>> I'm encountering a problem with Microsoft Windows Update. The search
>>> function recommends the following critical updates but they won't
>>> install:
>>>
>>> NET Framework 1.0 Service Pack 3, English Version
>>> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
>>>
>>> For both updates I encounter the Fatal Execution Error (0X7926fcd8).
>>> This
>>> failure has occurred many times. What should I do?
>>>

>>> ---
>>>

> ---

---