Uninstalling WinOnCD from Windows XP

I have just upgraded to Windows XP and in the process of reinstalling
software have encountered several that are not compatable with Windows XP.
In particular, WinOnCD - which failed to instal properly, but which I cannot
now uninstal, either from the software's uninstal, or from Windows XP
uninstal. How can I remove this programme and stop the annoying message
saying my CD writer driver will make windows unstable?
--
Sam
2 answers Last reply

    Try running System Restore to roll back to a date prior to installing
    WinOnCD. Then if needed check the info here
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];q314060

    And look at the Problem's section at Alex Nichol's page here
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have just upgraded to Windows XP and in the process of reinstalling
    > software have encountered several that are not compatable with Windows XP.
    > In particular, WinOnCD - which failed to instal properly, but which I
    > cannot
    > now uninstal, either from the software's uninstal, or from Windows XP
    > uninstal. How can I remove this programme and stop the annoying message
    > saying my CD writer driver will make windows unstable?
    > --
    > Sam

    Harry - thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, despite trying nearly every
    day this month, the System Restore facility eventually failed each time.
    I've looked at Alex Nichol's page, and will keep for future ref. I guess the
    only thing left is to try to modify the register myself as per

    "Harry Ohrn" wrote:

    > Try running System Restore to roll back to a date prior to installing
    > WinOnCD. Then if needed check the info here
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];q314060
    >
    > And look at the Problem's section at Alex Nichol's page here
    > http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm
    >
    > --
    >
    > Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    > www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
    >

    > "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have just upgraded to Windows XP and in the process of reinstalling
    > > software have encountered several that are not compatable with Windows XP.
    > > In particular, WinOnCD - which failed to instal properly, but which I
    > > cannot
    > > now uninstal, either from the software's uninstal, or from Windows XP
    > > uninstal. How can I remove this programme and stop the annoying message
    > > saying my CD writer driver will make windows unstable?
    > > --
    > > Sam

Windows XP Microsoft Software