Uninstalling WinOnCD from Windows XP

October 27, 2004 9:09:02 AM

I have just upgraded to Windows XP and in the process of reinstalling
software have encountered several that are not compatable with Windows XP.
In particular, WinOnCD - which failed to instal properly, but which I cannot
now uninstal, either from the software's uninstal, or from Windows XP
uninstal. How can I remove this programme and stop the annoying message
saying my CD writer driver will make windows unstable?
--
Sam
Anonymous

Try running System Restore to roll back to a date prior to installing
WinOnCD. Then if needed check the info here
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];q314060

And look at the Problem's section at Alex Nichol's page here
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just upgraded to Windows XP and in the process of reinstalling
> software have encountered several that are not compatable with Windows XP.
> In particular, WinOnCD - which failed to instal properly, but which I
> cannot
> now uninstal, either from the software's uninstal, or from Windows XP
> uninstal. How can I remove this programme and stop the annoying message
> saying my CD writer driver will make windows unstable?
> --
> Sam
October 28, 2004 1:49:19 PM

Harry - thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, despite trying nearly every
day this month, the System Restore facility eventually failed each time.
I've looked at Alex Nichol's page, and will keep for future ref. I guess the
only thing left is to try to modify the register myself as per

!