Inside Spore's Creature Creator

infornography42

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
I've been playing with the free demo for the past couple of days. Its fun. I'm considering picking up the full thing but I won't buy anything using EA's online distribution system (because it sucks and I don't trust it) and I won't buy anything with enforced limited installs, that is one step too far in the war against piracy so I need to look into what kind of DRM EA would force onto a $10 game.

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
yea im in the same boat as you infornography.. ive created some pretty cute/funny monsters and im looking forward to this game, but before i do anything i need to know the kind of DRM involved.

btw why was there no picture of the monster that you at toms games created? would love to see what you came up with.

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
it had crossed my mind, but if you pirate Spore they will say that the game didnt do well because of piracy instead of, the game didnt do well because of our intrusive DRM.

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
Does this demo install that securom crap like the bioshock demo did? (I don't think I ever removed it, did they make a tool yet?)

spuddyt

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2007

and they will know this how? assuming I buy it as well (oh wait they won't, but they'll say it anyway)

exfileme

Splendid
For some reason Rob and Travis never inserted Bubbaloo's YouTube clip. You can see my monster madness here:

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/fQ836S0sBk8&hl=en[/flash]

Bubbaloo's page can be accessed here.

dtq

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2006

Ive had to do that with a few games, to get them to work in vista. Where incompatible drm was preventing me from using software I paid for. A simple "pirate" no-cd patch or other "piracy patch" can work wanders for non vista compatible games.

Ive paid for the games, but in order to actually make use of what Ive paid for I have to resort to the tools of the pirates, the company who I supported with my cash cant be bothered to make them work for their paying customers...