audela22

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2003
First time installing mobo...
I'm installing an Asus A7N8X-DLX into an '00 HP 8700 case. my problem is the LED and power switch connector does not fit with the new mobo. the new mobo has 2 pin connectors in a 20 pin panel arrangement. The old wire has 1 straight 8pin connector (6 wires - 4, space, 2, space) for the power and 2 LED's. I can't get into the front panel where the other connectors are so it doesn't seem like I can replace this wire. This is a huge pain and I'd really like to avoid buying a new case.

Is there something I may have over looked or am I out of luck?

Thanks for any help possible..

-Anthony

sobelizard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
If you are handy with electronics or know of someone that is; it is an easy fix. You can rewire any of the leads with parts found at Radio Shack or electronics hobby shop. Just a question out of curiosity, why still use an HP case? They pretty blow imho. What power supply came with that case too?

<font color=green><b><i>Lizards</font color=green></b> do <b>not</b> taste like <b><font color=yellow>chicken</font color=yellow></b>,<b> <font color=yellow>chicken</font color=yellow></b> tastes like <font color=green><b>lizard.</b></font color=green></i>

RCPilot

Champion
Even if you do get a new connector, chances of it supporting a MOBO like that are slim to none. The later would be a better guess. Sorry

Signature, I'm still learning & having fun doing it!!!!!!

audela22

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2003
Hey thanks for the response. I'm most likely going to get a new case. I thought I'd still use the HP case just to save some time and money. I've spent enough over this vacation as is, and there aren't many computer stores around so I'll have to order one in which takes some time.

Anyway, thanks

Anthony

RCPilot

Champion
Sorry about that. But I'm glad that your going that way. You'll be far happier in the long run, believe me.

Signature, I'm still learning & having fun doing it!!!!!!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
If you can find some cable ends (often cheap CD audio cables have the right kind) and your cable is made of individual wires (not a ribbon), you can take the leads out of the connector and insert them into the new ends.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>