Programming for a beginner

I have owned and used a PC for about ten years and feel (fairly!) happy
about using it now, but want to learn about programming and to write my
own programmes.

My computer runs on Windows XP.

Thanks for any suggestions.

--
Arianrhod

Bydd y cyfeiriad Reply-To yn derbyn post am gyfnod byr.
The Reply-To address will accept mail for a short while.

Peidiwch â defnyddio'r cyfeiriad Reply-From er mwyn ateb.
Do not use the Reply-From address to reply.

Arianrhod wrote:
> I have owned and used a PC for about ten years and feel (fairly!) happy
> about using it now, but want to learn about programming and to write my
> own programmes.

I suggest you check with your local community college and begin by taking an
"Intro to Programming" course. That will introduce you to the basics and
from there you can more easily pick a programming language to use in further
developement.

--

....Sky

================

Arianrhod wrote:

> I have owned and used a PC for about ten years and feel (fairly!) happy
> about using it now, but want to learn about programming and to write my
> own programmes.

> My computer runs on Windows XP.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.

Hey, Arianrhod, try Python, easy, well easier theen others to learn and
its a complete freebie.
http://www.python.org/

Thank you SkyKing and Rotric (Man Utd?? Not THE Man Utd, surely???) for
both your suggestions.

I shall certainly look at Python, but shall also investigate local
courses. There won't be much in the town where I live, but I reckon
there may be something down in Aberystwyth, about thirty miles away.

Many thanks again.

In message <uW5FRqIvEHA.3492@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, rotric
<rotric@man_utd_rules.com> writes