Random Game Crashes

jasumi

Distinguished
May 23, 2008
I transfered game files saved on a 32-bit system to 64-bit system. It was the Sims 2. I transfered all my neighborhoods, cache files, and lot files, etc...that was in the EA games folder. Could this be the reason my game keeps crashing? Should I just use a 32-bit system now?

jujubefruit

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
TO TOMS HARDWARE: Hey what happen to my other posts? Only communists are allow to screen you know. God damn hillbilly forum screener.

Jasumi,

On 64bit vista, if you do default installation, you have enable UAC. Actually, 32bit vista has UAC too. Are you coming from 32bit XP?

Anyway, on 64bit vista, UAC exists, in other words, microsoft kept restricted write access to c:\program files\. Microsoft then virtualize c:\program files\ for each user who can logon to vista.

So, runtime write changes to c:\program files\ can be sent to C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\program files\

Yes, I hate UAC, but must live with it since microsoft is the master controller. har har.

First, merge updated c:\users\...\program files\ with c:\program files\. Just drag with explorer and overwrite.

Second, go back to launching shortcut icon, create it if appropriate, and enable different run compatibility mode. Like run as xp compatible, or run as administrator.

Since it is your home computer, and sim2 came out before vista, you gotta do what you gotta do to run it. Like run as admin, virtual store may still be in effect but atleast you know programs will not be denied write access somewhere...

jujubefruit

p.s. appdata\ is a hidden directory. Must unhide in explorer to view hidden directory.

jujubefruit

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
To Tom's hardware: I am not done with on the fellow name strangestranger you know. I see strangestranger again I may just give the dumbass another medicine of facts for his poor brains.

To Tom's hardware: For the record, I have 3-5 post already on this thread. And I want satisfaction. I don't see it here anymore. Where you think your money comes from? Want me to shove it down your brains? I am still missing 3-5 posts from this thread regrarding this strangestranger user.