Can not open old Word Pad Doc. since SP2

I am using Win. XP Home. I installed SP2 about 10 days ago. I created
some Word Pad files on my old 486 computer with Windows 95 and when I got a
new computer 3 years ago with XP Home I loaded the Word Pad files on the
new computer which I am now using. Since I installed SP2 I get an error
message that
reads "Can not load Word for Windows 6.0 files". The Word Pad files that I
created on the new PC with Win. XP Home will open OK. This problem just
started after I installed SP2. What is the problem?
Thank you,
Bob

--
To reply by EMail: Delete -remove to reply- from my address

Hi, Bob.

No reason that I know of that SP2 should have caused this kind of problem.
You might want to check with the Word experts in one of the several Word
newsgroups here. Any recent version of Microsoft Word should read any
WordPad file - I think - but ask the Word gurus to be sure.

You might want to start with microsoft.public.word.newusers.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Bob Havens" <bhavens@flash-removetoreply-.net> wrote in message
> I am using Win. XP Home. I installed SP2 about 10 days ago. I created
> some Word Pad files on my old 486 computer with Windows 95 and when I got
> a new computer 3 years ago with XP Home I loaded the Word Pad files on the
> new computer which I am now using. Since I installed SP2 I get an error
> message that
> reads "Can not load Word for Windows 6.0 files". The Word Pad files that
> I created on the new PC with Win. XP Home will open OK. This problem just
> started after I installed SP2. What is the problem?
> Thank you,
> Bob

OK, will do. Thank you, Bob

R. C. White wrote:
> Hi, Bob.
>
> No reason that I know of that SP2 should have caused this kind of
> problem. You might want to check with the Word experts in one of the
> several Word newsgroups here. Any recent version of Microsoft Word
> should read any WordPad file - I think - but ask the Word gurus to be
> sure.
>
> You might want to start with microsoft.public.word.newusers.
>
> RC
>
> "Bob Havens" <bhavens@flash-removetoreply-.net> wrote in message
>> I am using Win. XP Home. I installed SP2 about 10 days ago. I
>> created some Word Pad files on my old 486 computer with Windows 95
>> and when I got a new computer 3 years ago with XP Home I loaded the
>> Word Pad files on the new computer which I am now using. Since I
>> installed SP2 I get an error message that
>> reads "Can not load Word for Windows 6.0 files". The Word Pad files
>> that I created on the new PC with Win. XP Home will open OK. This
>> problem just started after I installed SP2. What is the problem?
>> Thank you,
>> Bob

TRENDING THREADS