StarCraft II Gets Release Date?

infornography42

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
December they say? My bet is on February 6th, or at least sometime around there. Its too early to say it won't get pushed back, but too soon to be much more than 2 months late.

Either way, its Blizzard, they will release it when it is awesome.

SnareSpectre

Distinguished
May 2, 2008
Arrggghhh Rob Wright, you're evil! Here I thought there might be something to this article! :) The only race of the 3 that is either very close to being done or is done (most likely the former) is the Protoss. Developers have said that Terran lacked something, and there is a TON of work to be done on the Zerg. After all that takes place, they have to release the beta for at least a month and then make changes after that. I'm pretty convinced to only believe a release date stated specifically by Blizzard, not big-time retail stores. On the other hand, I sure hope they're right - I'm convinced it won't come out until February or March '09, given how much they have left to do. (Or so they claim) The best way I've found to keep up with the progress is sc2armory.com .

darkbob87

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2008
Well, we made a note of the release date because all of the major retail chains list is as one. Then again all the retail chains might just be lemmings and when one puts up a date they all do. Either way, Blizzard has said they don't want this game to take more than a decade to come out relative to StarCraft I, so we can only hope it comes out in 2008.

infornography42

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
It was released in March of 1998. If they get particularly close to the 1 decade mark, it wouldn't surprise me if they held on to it until the exact day of the 10 year anniversary.

SnareSpectre

Distinguished
May 2, 2008

Huh? Not sure I follow.

darkbob87

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2008
Could have sworn it came out in 1999, but I guess not. If it came out in March of 1998 then a decade has already passed.

infornography42

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
If Starcraft 1 was released on March 31 1998 and Starcraft 2 was released on March 31 2008 then there will be exactly 1 decade between the launch dates and that would be kind of cool... but I just realized that it would be march of 2009 which will put it well past the decade mark so never mind me.

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
Don't worry, we'll go back to the future!

1985_delorean_b.jpg

We'll go to March 2009, get Starcraft 2, go back to 1999, the golden age of PC gaming, and we'll be the coolest geeks in town!

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
Blast! Forgot about my PC! Time to go back to the Future AGAIN!

But seriously, how the heck does Blizzard keep these titles under wraps for far too long.

Oh Snap

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2008
The "release date" for SC2 has been up on the ebgames/gamestop website forever. Still no official release date or worthwhile information? What a waste of time article :/

radnor

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
As a Blizzard Fan, i already know.

When does the patch comes ?
Soon.

When this will be fixed ?
Soon.

When does this game comes out ?
Soon.

I love their games, and as for me they are number one. Most my bought games are their and they are worth every penny of it. They entertained me for a very long time. Its nice to know they will only release when it is finished, polished, and without major/gamebreaking bugs.

The thing is..... Soon(TM) is a PITA.

PS:Soon is a PITA but i would love that more software houses were like them in this matter. Less games would be made, But you cant compare the 20 hours or so Crysis game of fun, to the 180 days of WoW, endless Diablo sessions, endless SC and SC:BW hours. Or years really.

Edit: RobWright you know any new inside info on Darkfall online ? Is it vaporware ? Any news or something. Thats another gaming in really eager to get my paws on. If he ever comes out ofc.