Top 10 Games for each Platform: June 24

exfileme

Splendid
These scores came from gamerankings.com... because I like to keep track of these things (called OCD):

PC
1. The Orange Box
2. Half-Life 2
3. BioShock
4. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
5. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
6. Company of Heroes
7. Grand Theft Auto III
8. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
9. Civilization IV
10. Grim Fandango

Xbox 360
1. Grand Theft Auto IV
2. The Orange Box
3. BioShock
4. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
5. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
6. Gears of War
7. Halo 3
8. Rock Band
9. Guitar Hero II
10. Mass Effect

PlayStation3
1. Grand Theft Auto IV
2. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
3. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
4. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
5. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
6. Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
7. Burnout Paradise
8. Resistance: Fall of Man
9. Ninja Gaiden Sigma
10. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2

PSP
1. God of War: Chains of Olympus
2. Lumines
3. Ridge Racer
4. Wipeout Pure
5. Tekken: Dark Resurrection
6. Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
7. Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
8. Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
9. Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
10. Burnout Legends

Nintendo DS
1. Mario Kart DS
2. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
3. Advance Wars: Dual Strike
4. New Super Mario Bros.
5. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
6. The World Ends With You
7. Meteos
8. Elite Beat Agents
9. Kirby: Canvas Curse
10. Tetris DS

Nintendo Wii
1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
3. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
4. Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
5. Okami
6. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
7. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
8. Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
9. Boom Blox
10. Super Paper Mario

As a FYI, I have nothing to do with Gamerankings.com... I just like to use it as a reference.

nottheking

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
It's not a personal list, people... It's from gamerankings.com . THEIR ratings are simply an AVERAGE of all ratings they have found. So the "bias" is just in favor of what the gaming media have said. Which, admitedly, may favor newer titles, since they seem to have grown more vapid and susceptible to hype as time has gone on, especially as evidenced by GTA IV topping the lists. Good game and all, but more of a 90-95% title, not the 97% or so it's up for. ESPECIALLY when it lacks same-console co-op.

tehslug

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
I think there is a definite skew to recent games. Game scores are so over inflated. People who review games should have to pay for them themselves and I think we would get closer to a real score.

BigMac

Splendid
Nov 25, 2003

Then there is something seriously flawed with the process that gamerankings.com follows because Monster Hunter and MH 2 got some of the highest scores for a PSP game ever, and exquisite reviews but it is nowhere to be seen on their list. I gather a similar reasoning can be followed for COD4, GOTY of last year for many review sites.

exfileme

Splendid
Most of the time we DO pay for the games out-of-pocket. In fact, I just shelled out $60 for my Battlefield: Bad Company review yesterday....

ledzeprules

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
they shouldn't have the orange box, they should have named each game separately.
and they should have put Portal first on PC and 360. That game is freaking AMAZING.

quantumsheep

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005

Have you not tried making relationships with the publishers? I have a friend that gets all of his games for review for free. then again, he writes for a teletext page on channel 4 (UK, you guys in the US probably won't know what i'm on about!).

That's pretty nasty having to pay to do a review, especially if the game turns out to be rubbish!

mi1ez

Splendid

FAR too short though!

llama_man

Splendid
Jan 12, 2006

Ditto.

The problem is that unless you continually review old games, you get odd results like this. Whilst GTAIII was a great game on release, it doesn't compare to GTA:SA. However, GTA:SA would have got lower review scores due to the lack of "wow-this is new" factor that GTAIII had.

You could probably find a load of great reviews for Civilization I, but that doesn't make it better than Civ4.

Summary; the list is flawed.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
Well it is obvious that this list is all screwed up because if it were accurate Crysis would have been the overwhelming #1 for all platforms. After all it is the greatest games ever made!

TRENDING THREADS