"ohci1394.sys corrupted" on clean install

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I have just built a new computer. XP Pro is in CD tray and I have 6 set
up/boot disks for the floppy. On disk #3, I get the above error and set up
terminates. Any ideas?

Hi, John.

Why are you using floppies? The WinXP CD-ROM is bootable and has all you
need to install WinXP. Just set your computer's BIOS to boot from the CD.
Then reboot and follow the prompts.

If that doesn't work, tell us the basics about your new computer: make and
model of mobo/CPU/chipset; how many HDs and which interface (IDE, SCSI,
SATA, RAID?); CD/DVD drive(s) description, including interface (IDE, USB,
FireWire?); etc. Are you using a Retail WinXP CD-ROM? If you have an OEM
CD, is it the "generic" version used by many small computer dealers, or is
from one of the "big boys" like Dell, Gateway, HP, etc.?

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX