windows explorer default folder change?

October 28, 2004 6:49:32 PM

Windows explorer by default opens in My Documents, but I know this can be
changed to some other folder--I did it when I got my previous machine (win
xp pro sp1). It's been a LONG time now, tho, and I have yet another new
machine (win xp pro sp2), but can't remember how to change this :(

Can anyone help?

TIA
--
Elaine Pack, Web Analyst
Charlottesville, VA

Hi

Go to Programs>Accessories, right click on the Windows Explorer icon, select
Properties and type or copy/paste the following into the 'Target:' box to
open WE with the C drive expanded:

%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,c:

A new Desktop shortcut for WE can be created with the same command(s).

Also have a look at the following article:

"Windows Explorer Command-Line Options"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;152457

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

"EPPack" <CorrectAddressIsIn@mySig.com> wrote in message
> Windows explorer by default opens in My Documents, but I know this can be
> changed to some other folder--I did it when I got my previous machine (win
> xp pro sp1). It's been a LONG time now, tho, and I have yet another new
> machine (win xp pro sp2), but can't remember how to change this :(
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> TIA
> --
> Elaine Pack, Web Analyst
> Charlottesville, VA
> Iamarealperson AATT packwebs net
> You know the drill.

Anonymous
October 29, 2004 3:58:43 PM

Worked like a champ!! I promise to save it this time :)  Thanks, Will!

elaine

news:o kq4pESvEHA.2172@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Hi
>
> Go to Programs>Accessories, right click on the Windows Explorer icon,
> select Properties and type or copy/paste the following into the 'Target:'
> box to open WE with the C drive expanded:
>
> %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,c:
>
> A new Desktop shortcut for WE can be created with the same command(s).
>
> Also have a look at the following article:
>
> "Windows Explorer Command-Line Options"
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;152457
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "EPPack" <CorrectAddressIsIn@mySig.com> wrote in message
>> Windows explorer by default opens in My Documents, but I know this can be
>> changed to some other folder--I did it when I got my previous machine
>> (win xp pro sp1). It's been a LONG time now, tho, and I have yet another
>> new machine (win xp pro sp2), but can't remember how to change this :(
>>
>> Can anyone help?
>>
>> TIA
>> --
>> Elaine Pack, Web Analyst