windows explorer default folder change?

Windows explorer by default opens in My Documents, but I know this can be
changed to some other folder--I did it when I got my previous machine (win
xp pro sp1). It's been a LONG time now, tho, and I have yet another new
machine (win xp pro sp2), but can't remember how to change this :(

Can anyone help?

TIA
--
Elaine Pack, Web Analyst
Charlottesville, VA

    Hi

    Go to Programs>Accessories, right click on the Windows Explorer icon, select
    Properties and type or copy/paste the following into the 'Target:' box to
    open WE with the C drive expanded:

    %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,c:

    A new Desktop shortcut for WE can be created with the same command(s).

    Also have a look at the following article:

    "Windows Explorer Command-Line Options"
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;152457

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "EPPack" <CorrectAddressIsIn@mySig.com> wrote in message
    > Windows explorer by default opens in My Documents, but I know this can be
    > changed to some other folder--I did it when I got my previous machine (win
    > xp pro sp1). It's been a LONG time now, tho, and I have yet another new
    > machine (win xp pro sp2), but can't remember how to change this :(
    >
    > Can anyone help?
    >
    > TIA
    > --
    > Elaine Pack, Web Analyst
    > Charlottesville, VA
    > Iamarealperson AATT packwebs net
    > You know the drill.

    Worked like a champ!! I promise to save it this time :) Thanks, Will!

    elaine

    > Hi
    >
    > Go to Programs>Accessories, right click on the Windows Explorer icon,
    > select Properties and type or copy/paste the following into the 'Target:'
    > box to open WE with the C drive expanded:
    >
    > %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,c:
    >
    > A new Desktop shortcut for WE can be created with the same command(s).
    >
    > Also have a look at the following article:
    >
    > "Windows Explorer Command-Line Options"
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;152457
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "EPPack" <CorrectAddressIsIn@mySig.com> wrote in message
    >> Windows explorer by default opens in My Documents, but I know this can be
    >> changed to some other folder--I did it when I got my previous machine
    >> (win xp pro sp1). It's been a LONG time now, tho, and I have yet another
    >> new machine (win xp pro sp2), but can't remember how to change this :(
    >>
    >> Can anyone help?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >> --
    >> Elaine Pack, Web Analyst
    >> Charlottesville, VA
    >> Iamarealperson AATT packwebs net
    >> You know the drill.

    You're welcome Elaine

    --

    > Worked like a champ!! I promise to save it this time :) Thanks, Will!
    >
    > elaine

    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Go to Programs>Accessories, right click on the Windows Explorer icon,
    >> select Properties and type or copy/paste the following into the 'Target:'
    >> box to open WE with the C drive expanded:
    >>
    >> %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,c:
    >>
    >> A new Desktop shortcut for WE can be created with the same command(s).
    >>
    >> Also have a look at the following article:
    >>
    >> "Windows Explorer Command-Line Options"
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;152457
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Will Denny
    >> MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >> Please reply to the News Groups
    >>

    >> "EPPack" <CorrectAddressIsIn@mySig.com> wrote in message
    >>> Windows explorer by default opens in My Documents, but I know this can
    >>> be changed to some other folder--I did it when I got my previous machine
    >>> (win xp pro sp1). It's been a LONG time now, tho, and I have yet another
    >>> new machine (win xp pro sp2), but can't remember how to change this :(
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone help?
    >>>
    >>> TIA
    >>> --
    >>> Elaine Pack, Web Analyst