"Advanced" bios menu for gigabyte mobo's

ciuly

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2003
Does anybody now the combination of keys for the "advanced" bios menu at the Gigabyte mobo's or if the Gigabyte 815EP chipset mobo's have one?
(also posted this on oc/mobo's so sorry if u see the thread twice)

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I just looked it up in another post, it's CTRL-F1, I think it's supposed to add more settings to your menu.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

ciuly

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2003
Yes, the bios is Award. But neither alt or ctrl+F1 works. The mobo is GA-60XT. Anymore key combinations u can think of?

P.S. I think I'm gonna use the signature space for
"I HATE GA-60XT"

elzt

Distinguished
May 10, 2002
You won't see any difference in the main menu of bios settings screen when you press <Ctrl><F1>. Only if you go into each individual section of bios menu would you see more options there.

ciuly

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2003
Thanks for your help. But it seems now that even if I have an advance menu, there is no diference from the classic one(from what I can see). And most of all there is no change where I'm most interested: frequency/voltage control.

elzt

Distinguished
May 10, 2002
I checked the user manual for GA-6OXT from Gigabyte's web site and found that there is an sub-menu item called "Advanced BIOS Features" in the BIOS main menu. Did you try that option?

So unlike other recent mobos from Gigabyte, the <Ctrl><F1> doesn't apply to your mobo.

ciuly

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2003
That is just a ordinary menu(with the boot devices, password check, SMART and other stuff). I used the term "advanced menu" cause nothing better came through my mind. I understand that by a combination of keys u get some special options, like the voltage control and others, that don't normaly appear (it's like at cellphones - a combination of keys gives u the secret menu - display options, num. of hours used, soft version, etc.).

elzt

Distinguished
May 10, 2002
I don't think there is such a secret menu in your BIOS. Even the <Ctrl><F1> keys are well documented in the Gigabyte mobos' manuals. If your manual doesn't mention anything about the special menu, then there is simply none.

It would be great to have secret menu in BIOS, and I'd also like to know if anyone else has found it :cool: (if it really exists).

ciuly

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2003
Somebody from oc/mobo's forum gave me a reasonable answer: only dual bios mobo's have this "special menu": and everybody seems to give the same answer about the keys to push <ctrl+F1>
My mobo is with one bios so I don't worry anymore about this menu.lol