a7n8x audio lowers the volume

Groovehog

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2003
Hi. I'm using the Asus a7n8x onboard audio which sounds good but the stupid thing keeps lowering the volume. If I click on the volume control in the lower right corner of my desktop and watch the volume slider, I can actually see the slider slowly lowering itself.

Anyone else have this problem?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Hehe, that's just me, I hacked into your computer and don't like your music.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

Groovehog

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2003
Seriously, this is so annoying it's actually funny. Imagine starting up a game of counter-strike and within ten minutes, your volume has slowly muted itself. AAAAaaaaaaarggghhh!!!!!

My computer will be the death of me!!!!

Groovehog

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2003
No. It's just me and I think I found the problem. My mutlimedia keyboard with all the useless hotkeys on top was going haywire. It was working fine until I installed the a7n8x and a fresh windows xp install. So I swapped it out with an old crappy standard keyboard and Tada!!! volume level is staying put.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Very weird.
Good problem solving though!

<b><i>The Very Hungry Caterpillar</i> - George W. Bush's favorite childhood book.
Note: This book was first published a year after Mr Bush graduated from College.</b>