Sign in with
Your question

I Need A Intense Game To Test Out My New Rig!!!

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Games
  • Crysis
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
June 27, 2008 2:13:48 AM

Hey Guys I've Got This Brand New PC In Parts That Im Building TOMORROW!!! After A Year's Wait Specs Are In My Signiture... :) 

I Want To Push The Rig To It's Limits To See What It Can Really Do! Recommend Me A Game With VERY High System Requirments To Deliver Amazing 3D Preformance!

I've Been Looking At Crysis, Looks Really High In Quality (As I See From YouTube Videos)...

CAN ANYONE TOP CRYSIS IN PREFORMANCE!!!??? :D 

I'm Willing To Wait For A Unreleased Game Aswell...

Thanks In Advance
Coolio_Alert

More about : intense game test rig

June 27, 2008 2:28:38 AM

Crysis. DirectX 10 (Vista). Very High All Settings.
June 27, 2008 3:32:21 AM

^ What Fry said. Then go pick yourself up a copy of the OB to play a game that is fun for longer than Crysis (TF2).
Related resources
June 27, 2008 6:01:27 AM

jimmysmitty said:
^ What Fry said. Then go pick yourself up a copy of the OB to play a game that is fun for longer than Crysis (TF2).

Agreed; Crysis will only disappoint you because it will not run smoothly... OB is great value for money.
June 27, 2008 6:43:01 AM

Call of Duty 4 can look amazing turned up to the max.
June 27, 2008 9:53:40 AM

Bioshock Might be a good choice too if you havent played it. Can be a challenge to a system like yours or mine but is great fun to play. Crysis Sucks!
June 27, 2008 4:13:17 PM

What Is Orange Box Excactly?
June 27, 2008 4:33:47 PM

Coolio_alert said:
What Is Orange Box Excactly?

Collection of Valve games sold as a single game/box set:
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Episode 1
Half-Life 2: Episode 2
Team Fortress 2
Portal

http://orange.half-life2.com/
June 27, 2008 5:21:05 PM

Also can recommend Call of Duty 4. Even on my system, which for the moment is running just a lower end video card, COD4 looks amazing.
June 27, 2008 6:19:28 PM

Arghh, why the hell do people feel the need do put Capitals At The Start Of Every Word? It's much harder to read and there's just no need for it. Surely it's also much harder typing like that?

If you want to test your system out, i recomend Crysis, Bioshock and COD4.
June 28, 2008 4:07:15 AM

Is The New Crysis Going To Have High Graphics? "Crysis: Warhead" I Think??
Anonymous
June 28, 2008 2:46:25 PM

^ yeah it has better lighting affects but its also much more optimized... so if you get 30 fps now on high... you'll get 30 fps now on like very high XD

except they changed the detail naming system so I don't know if they just mean.. IT WILL BE EXACTLY THE SAME!!!

either way i'll pick it up... i love crysis
June 28, 2008 4:13:31 PM

U can also try oblivion. It would take your system to the max. It's a huge game to.
June 28, 2008 4:15:11 PM

Coolio_alert said:
Hey Guys I've Got This Brand New PC In Parts That Im Building TOMORROW!!! After A Year's Wait Specs Are In My Signiture... :) 

I see you have the same problem as me!! Buy a GPU and its obsolete the next day... Bet you were kicking yourself when you saw those 4850 prices!!

Bob
June 28, 2008 4:29:46 PM

Quote:
haha, i used to work at a place where it was a requirement. Trust me when you get into it is just as fast as normal.

was that place in germany? all german Nouns have to have Capitals.... and damn its bad for me seeing as i rarely used to capitalise in the right places for england....
June 28, 2008 4:39:20 PM

bobwya said:
I see you have the same problem as me!! Buy a GPU and its obsolete the next day... Bet you were kicking yourself when you saw those 4850 prices!!

Bob

Haha I'm More of A nVidia Guy Myself So I Was Looking At The 260/280 Cards...

But My Card Isn't All That Bad, It Is A BFG 8800GTS 512 OC So It Is Not All That Obsolete :D  Hopefully!

You Guys Still Consider It A Good Card Right? The Thing Cost Me About $250.
June 28, 2008 9:54:59 PM

Coolio_alert said:

But My Card Isn't All That Bad, It Is A BFG 8800GTS 512 OC So It Is Not All That Obsolete :D  Hopefully!

Um well for what you paid you could have gotten the 4850 that would do you much better than that card and saved $50 bucks for a game. Its not a bad card but not as good as the 4850 is.

Crysis is a good way to see what your system can do since the graphics are very intense. But I myself have played through it 1.5 times and got so bored. For a open game where you can change things it seems like it just runs the same. And no matter where I went the enemy would appear there even if they were not there the time I went the opposite way.

The Orange Box will also test your system but will give you much more fun over a longer period than Crysis. Heck I have well over 400 hours in TF2 alone and still go back especially since they keep adding new stuff to it.
June 29, 2008 1:37:00 PM

Guys stop hating on Crysis ONLY for the fact that ure com can't run it. I can accept your opinion if you have tried it and don't like the gameplay, but I get the feeling a lot of people hate it just because they were hyped for all the good graphics and then realized that their coms can't run it. Crysis is awesome and it's fun. I've replayed it many times on Delta and have still enjoyed it. I can also run it on all High/Very High with no AA at 1680X1080 very smoothly.

Also, the Orange Box will NOT stress your system at all. Granted, I liked it more than Crysis, but Half Life 2+episode 1 don't have all that stunning graphics by today's standards. Episode 2 had some nice changes graphically. TF2 and Portal's graphics aren't that good at all IMO. I really don't like the whole comic style of TF2.
June 29, 2008 2:25:38 PM

Orange Box is not a very demanding game, as far as PC specs go. Try to run Armed Assault at max settings. Not to mention its a fantastic game.
June 29, 2008 7:49:10 PM

bobwya said:

Bob

Just because a better card came out at a better price doesn't make the card you bought a while ago obsolete. Price drops and better deals are to be expected with hardware and especially GPUs.

Your card is still usable, no?
It still runs games pretty well, doesn't it?

Sure, it might have been better if you waited knowing there will be a new card released sooner rather than later, but if you start playing the waiting game, it will never end because there is always something new waiting around the corner.

Coolio_alert said:

Yes, it's still a very good card. Don't worry, but for the price you paid for it you could've gotten an HD 4850 (which costs $200 and is definitely better) and a game of your choice like someone else mentioned.

Also, what's with the capitals at the start of every word??
It's Hurting My Eyes And Making It Hard To Read!!!

Anonymous
June 30, 2008 1:05:50 AM

Coolio_alert said:

:o  coolio made a mistake.... "Haha I'm More of A nVidia Guy......"

he didn't capitalize the o in of :kaola: 
July 1, 2008 7:47:34 PM

If you are going to test with Crysis and you are using Vista. I would suggest getting yourself another 2 gigs of RAM. Vista is a hog especialy 64bit.
July 2, 2008 4:59:13 PM

tallguy1618 said:
Guys stop hating on Crysis ONLY for the fact that ure com can't run it. I can accept your opinion if you have tried it and don't like the gameplay, but I get the feeling a lot of people hate it just because they were hyped for all the good graphics and then realized that their coms can't run it. Crysis is awesome and it's fun. I've replayed it many times on Delta and have still enjoyed it. I can also run it on all High/Very High with no AA at 1680X1080 very smoothly.

Also, the Orange Box will NOT stress your system at all. Granted, I liked it more than Crysis, but Half Life 2+episode 1 don't have all that stunning graphics by today's standards. Episode 2 had some nice changes graphically. TF2 and Portal's graphics aren't that good at all IMO. I really don't like the whole comic style of TF2.

Oh my system ran Crysis fine with all on Very High but water and shadows @ 1280x1026 (of course I have no clue what system you have). I just felt that it wasn't very "open" except that you could change the way you played the particular mission you were on and in the end got bored. It just felt like I was doing the same thing in the end when I started to replay it.Maybe if they actually let you fully explore the island without having to go somewhere it would have been more fun. That or they could have had Gordon Freeman. Hes just the best.

As for what you said about HL2, dude HL2 revolutionized gaming graphics. Crysis has improved a bit past it but its nothing amazing. The one thing that I do know for sure that HL2 has that seems much better than even Crysis is the character facial animations (this goes for Portal and TF2 as well). As for it not stressing his system, it wont stress it as much. But if you run it maxed out it does take a bit more muscle to run Source very smoothly since it is not only GPU but aslo CPU bound. The physics and particle system in Source are very CPU dependant.

Quote:
TF" is a very stunning game visually, don't be fooled by the style, the facial expressions and lighting are top notch.

I agree. The game is amazing in terms of visuals. And when you use face poser to sync the audio and its insanely good. A guy made a tutorial and used Pinky and the Brain and the syncing was amazing. Looked so real. TF2 PWNs Crysis online any day. Nomad wouldn't have the strength to handle Sasha....
July 3, 2008 8:15:54 AM

Look guys, the OP asks for a game to push his/her system hard and wants to see some great 3D performance. Why debate if the game is fun to play or not?

@OP, sure, go for Crysis and set everything to highest possible. You want to see your system crawls/works really hard right?
July 3, 2008 3:35:38 PM

imnotageek said:
Look guys, the OP asks for a game to push his/her system hard and wants to see some great 3D performance. Why debate if the game is fun to play or not?

@OP, sure, go for Crysis and set everything to highest possible. You want to see your system crawls/works really hard right?

Exactly, So I Think I'm Going For Crysis Rather Than OB, Mabye Some Day I'll Try Something Newer Like Crysis Warhead Or What Ever...

I Still Have My Flight Simulator (X) To Play And I Recently Got The Expansion Pack, So I Can Be A F18 Hornet :D 
July 3, 2008 3:42:17 PM

RADIO_ACTIVE said:
If you are going to test with Crysis and you are using Vista. I would suggest getting yourself another 2 gigs of RAM. Vista is a hog especialy 64bit.

P.S. I'm Running XP, So I Can Only Have 2GBs Of RAM But Corsair Dominator RAM At 1066 Native Runs Faster Than Most RAMs At That Speed...

Anyway I'm Not Running Vista For A Long While, I Might Even Go Right To Windows 7 In A While If They Fixed Everything From Vista... I Mean XP Is Bad Enough Even With A The Latest Updates...
July 3, 2008 4:53:47 PM

Hey Coolio,

You got yourself a descent card to play current games and should be good to go for the next while.

I have similar system as yours but use both XP and Vista. I have no problem running all games at 1650x1050 including crysis at descent Framerates (other than Crysis - Vista).

So if you want to beat your new card to the ground, then there are a few things I recommend.

XP: Crysis or 3dMark 2006
Vista: Crysis, 3DMark Vantage, or Lost Planet.

All other games should run fine on your system.
July 3, 2008 9:11:07 PM

Alex The PC Gamer said:
Hey Coolio,

You got yourself a descent card to play current games and should be good to go for the next while.

I have similar system as yours but use both XP and Vista. I have no problem running all games at 1650x1050 including crysis at descent Framerates (other than Crysis - Vista).

So if you want to beat your new card to the ground, then there are a few things I recommend.

XP: Crysis or 3dMark 2006
Vista: Crysis, 3DMark Vantage, or Lost Planet.

All other games should run fine on your system.

Thanks, Alex

I Will Be Running Both Of Those On XP, Not Using Vista
May 18, 2009 1:30:10 PM

Oh yes Crysis is an extremely intense graphic/performance demanding PC game, probably the best one if you're looking for a very high end game to throw at your computer.

My pc:
Gateway FX laptop, dual-core processor, GFORCE 9800, 4GB ram, I run everything on VERY HIGH settings and It's simply amazing, zero lagg, extreme quality, the graphics are almost life-life, for real.
it's definitely your game to get if you're looking for something really challenging to throw at your pc.

might I add the game is really fun too, first person shooter, very fun on multiplayer.
just go around lighting people up with your guns, it's fun.
March 3, 2011 6:39:53 PM

is there anything higher than crysis? i'm running it on enthusiast (very high) perfectly no lag at all and i am dying to try anything more than that. I'm also runing star wars force unleashed 2 and call of duty black ops on very high on a 1080p monitor as well.

Specs -
ASUS M2N64-AM , 3.2Ghz AMD Phenom X2 processor, 4 Gb of 800 Mhz ram, 1 Terabyte HDD, NVIDIA GTS 450 1 GB.
!