Interesting (?) Google/Deja Stat...

During the 3 month period of June, 2001 to August, 2001, the time of D2's
release, Deja records almost 80 THOUSAND posts made to this group. Busy
times. I remember some of us having unread post counts well into five
digits, back then. Scary thing is I think ald went through and read
everything!

Pretty quiet in comparison, now. I guess we've all figured out now that when
your claw viper amulet goes missing, that it's probably around your neck, and
that there really IS a cow level.

--
Slaughter is its own reward.

Hi,

Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in

> Pretty quiet in comparison, now. I guess we've all figured out now
> that when your claw viper amulet goes missing, that it's probably
> around your neck, and that there really IS a cow level.

lol. At least some didn't. I'd mebbe done 2 or 3 claw viper runs and cursed
big D a hundred times for not giving me my amulet!

Regards,

Oliver

Stephen van Ham wrote:
> During the 3 month period of June, 2001 to August, 2001, the time
> of D2's release, Deja records almost 80 THOUSAND posts made to this
> group. Busy times. I remember some of us having unread post
> counts well into five digits, back then.

D2 came out in 2000, but were you maybe thinking of LoD? Although,
that came out in December 2001 only. Does it mean that D2 had a kind
of peak one year after it's release?

--
AGD2 FAQ: http://www.gunde.de/diablo2/agd2faq.html

"Gundemarie Scholz" <spamyousilly@inbox.ru> had this idea for a movie:

>> During the 3 month period of June, 2001 to August, 2001, the time
>> of D2's release, Deja records almost 80 THOUSAND posts made to this
>> group. Busy times. I remember some of us having unread post
>> counts well into five digits, back then.
>
>D2 came out in 2000, but were you maybe thinking of LoD? Although,
>that came out in December 2001 only. Does it mean that D2 had a kind
>of peak one year after it's release?

Well spotted! I just found my notes, and there's some wonky cut and paste at
work. It's in fact the period of June 2000 to August 2000.

In honour of your astute catch, I present you with the daily golden hamster
aware. But be careful, as he likes to nibble on the award winner's toes when
they're sleeping.

--
Slaughter is its own reward.

Stephen van Ham wrote:
> During the 3 month period of June, 2001 to August, 2001, the time of
D2's
> release, Deja records almost 80 THOUSAND posts made to this group.
Busy
> times.

And I wasn't even contributing....

Mickey -22,700 posts and counting

desktop

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2004

Mickey wrote:
> Stephen van Ham wrote:
>> During the 3 month period of June, 2001 to August, 2001, the time of
>> D2's release, Deja records almost 80 THOUSAND posts made to this
>> group. Busy times.
>
> And I wasn't even contributing....
>
> Mickey -22,700 posts and counting

Wow, negative numbers!