OfficeJet G85xi - Remove and Check Black Cartridge

Out of the blue, I get recurring "Remove and Check Black Cartridge"
error messages and the damn thing won't let me print until corrected.
Any ideas how to get rid of this problem?

Re-seat the black ink cartridge?

"tcnichols" <TCNICHOLS@YAHOO.COM> wrote in message
> Out of the blue, I get recurring "Remove and Check Black Cartridge"
> error messages and the damn thing won't let me print until corrected.
> Any ideas how to get rid of this problem?

"tcnichols" <TCNICHOLS@YAHOO.COM> wrote in message
> Out of the blue, I get recurring "Remove and Check Black Cartridge"
> error messages and the damn thing won't let me print until corrected.
> Any ideas how to get rid of this problem?

If cleaning the cartridge contacts as shown at:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=bpa02060
you will probably need to replace the cartridge. Check the cartridge warranty
date as shown at:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bua02014
.. If the cartridge is still under warranty contact your dealer of HP for a
replacement, otherwise purchase a new cartridge.

Regards,