User Accounts Question

Hi,
I am new to Windows XP, in fact so new, I just installed it tonight. So far
I like it ok, but there is one thing I don't understand.

The first thing my computer asked me to do when we turned it on was create
user accounts which I did. At the time we had not yet connected our dsl
modem. So I went throught that process. Then I went through the process of
creating email addresses from the master account for MSN. Ok, here's the
glitch. Since I was going to be working on the computer, I naturally logged
on under my user account while I did the setup. Now, whenever the logon menu
comes up, I get email notifications for the master account and my account (on
MSN).

Does anyone know if there is a way I can change my net passport settings to
just get my email notifications, or to change the master account email
notifications to another user account?

Any help would be appreciated because this is driving me nuts!!!!

I, too, am a new XP user, having returned from many happy years as a Mac
user! I can appreciate your frustration.

Adjacent to my log in account picture there's a reminder that I have 18
unread emails - but I don't!!! Does anyone know how to remove the reminder?

Kind regards

Tim C

"Annababe" wrote:

> Hi,
> I am new to Windows XP, in fact so new, I just installed it tonight. So far
> I like it ok, but there is one thing I don't understand.
>
> The first thing my computer asked me to do when we turned it on was create
> user accounts which I did. At the time we had not yet connected our dsl
> modem. So I went throught that process. Then I went through the process of
> creating email addresses from the master account for MSN. Ok, here's the
> glitch. Since I was going to be working on the computer, I naturally logged
> on under my user account while I did the setup. Now, whenever the logon menu
> comes up, I get email notifications for the master account and my account (on
> MSN).
>
> Does anyone know if there is a way I can change my net passport settings to
> just get my email notifications, or to change the master account email
> notifications to another user account?
>
> Any help would be appreciated because this is driving me nuts!!!!

How about just Disabling Unread Mail on the Welcome Screen?

Read the instructions at the top
100. Disable Unread Mail on the Welcome Screen

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:E9CA24ED-4A1A-4C37-91DC-1E28AA10788A@microsoft.com,
Annababe <Annababe@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

"Tim C" <TimC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I, too, am a new XP user, having returned from many happy years as a
> Mac user! I can appreciate your frustration.
>
> Adjacent to my log in account picture there's a reminder that I have
> 18 unread emails - but I don't!!! Does anyone know how to remove the
> reminder?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Tim C

TweakUI for XP: