Sign in with
Your question

The game with the most impressive ghraphics!!

Last response: in Video Games
June 30, 2008 8:26:02 AM

Not crysis because everyone already knows it.
June 30, 2008 8:45:14 AM

ok, Oblivion.
June 30, 2008 9:42:18 AM

Peggle!
Related resources
June 30, 2008 9:43:19 AM

Or bioshock.I think it's better than oblivion
June 30, 2008 10:03:17 AM

I second Oblivion but with the various texture mods out there that REALLY make it stunning. Witcher's about equal i reckon.

I also second TF2, it looks brilliant in it's own way. May not be the most demanding game ever but i do love it's graphics.
June 30, 2008 10:10:33 AM

Oblivion is **** impressive shiz! One of the only games that has made me go "woow"

Crysis only looks good sometimes....

here is how i used to run it...

<center>

and

June 30, 2008 10:11:02 AM

Thats pretty good....

used to run Oblivion at max too...
June 30, 2008 10:11:17 AM

and yeah..Bioshock looked ok...
June 30, 2008 10:27:24 AM

another one for bioshock
June 30, 2008 11:36:06 AM

Well if you are going to remove Crysis, I'd probably say Bioshock. With Oblivion you could make it gorgeous with mods, but you would have to go find mods to fix a lot of the textures and such. There is a lot of ugly in that game otherwise.
June 30, 2008 3:44:16 PM

soldier of fortune payback looks very nice too.
June 30, 2008 4:53:31 PM

I'm surprised that nobody has said Call of Duty 4 yet. I personally think it looks a lot better than the other games because of how well everything flows together. The movement of the characters does it for me also, on top of the fact that it's just a great looking game. I think Bioshock's environments look great, but the characters looked really crappy to me. I enjoyed the game, but it bothered me to see characters in a 60 fps environment with death animations that looked like they were at 20 fps.
June 30, 2008 5:26:07 PM

How about Gears of war?
June 30, 2008 5:28:05 PM

My mspaint skills amazes you!

June 30, 2008 6:02:25 PM

Stemnin: That's hot...

Not a game but 3DMark Vantage is quite impressive if you want to test out your new rig with DX10 features. If you have XP then look at 3DMark 2006.

But if you actually wanted to play...then it varies on the genre you're looking for.

Racing/Driving: GRID
FPS: COD4, BioShock.
Adventure: Oblivions (once you've tweaked it with add-ons and mods)

June 30, 2008 6:42:53 PM

GRID is pretty good looking, bought it for no reason the other day (wtf was I thinking, havent bought a racing game since underground 2).
June 30, 2008 7:48:32 PM

stemnin said:
GRID is pretty good looking, bought it for no reason the other day (wtf was I thinking, havent bought a racing game since underground 2).

Same. **** me if the controls aren't a pain in the ass. I gave up after about an hour of trying to adjust settings and browsing message boards when I still ended up flying into a wall as soon as I tapped a direction. I'm not about to buy one of those retarded gaming steering wheels. That's just a line I'm not willing to cross.
June 30, 2008 8:50:34 PM

Battlefield Bad Company ... Interstellar marines ... Conan ... Far Cry2 ... Tetris ... Grid (use keyboard) ... Aliens (the 2009 version) ... Naruto Shippuuden (fuc k no PC) ...
June 30, 2008 9:48:23 PM

Actually, an eye candy game that's actually fun to play: Assassins' Creed.

One of the best titles of 2007 IMO. It runs great on Vista systems and not only does it look extremely good, it also provides hours and great gameplay.

PS: Lost Planet looks good as well (if you have Vista) but is more power hungry. If you have less than a 8800 series V-Card then don't bother with this one.
June 30, 2008 10:21:46 PM

I will have to say oblivion because even though it's graphics are not the greatest any more, the graphics are still very good and the view distance and scenery is car beyond many new games out right now.

especially with graphic mods
June 30, 2008 10:37:07 PM

LOTRO has the best draw distance imho. The graphics are breath taking and it provides dX10, too.
Anonymous
June 30, 2008 11:26:15 PM

mmo's have terrible graphics... don't try to pull that one
June 30, 2008 11:40:08 PM

Quote:
mmo's have terrible graphics... don't try to pull that one

they have to have bad graphics, when you see a few hundred people on 1 screen, there will be lag if you use high end graphics

also they avoid doing it because they want more than the top 0.0001% of pc's to be able to run it

WOW does so well because it is a popular game and almost anyone could run it compared to most other pc games

how many times do you see blizzard or who ever makes WOW complaining like a cry baby about people pirating their game?

July 1, 2008 12:11:40 AM

These are older games, but still have nice visuals.

Farcry. Its the first game that I fired up, and just went strolling through the woods just to look at the trees. I also spent a lot of time looking at the beach, nice white sands. There are still issues with the trees, but visually, I'd have to say its the nicest game I've played so far.

FEAR. Still the only game I shot my shadow as I went through a door. I think its also the only game I've played with with "real" shadows. All I know is I saw a person shaped object appear in front of me, so I shot it. (yes, then I played around with the door wathing my shadow appear and disappear with the light.)
July 1, 2008 3:38:30 AM

Alex The PC Gamer said:
Actually, an eye candy game that's actually fun to play: Assassins' Creed.

One of the best titles of 2007 IMO. It runs great on Vista systems and not only does it look extremely good, it also provides hours and great gameplay.

PS: Lost Planet looks good as well (if you have Vista) but is more power hungry. If you have less than a 8800 series V-Card then don't bother with this one.

Ah, I forgot all about Assassin's Creed. That game really does look very good, except for a few very small things. The character animations really are some of the best. I would disagree with the "hours of fun" part, though. :)  More like hours of the same thing over and over again!
July 1, 2008 6:32:05 AM

i find the graphics in COD4 to be very inconsistent,

for example on the first level of the game, all the ship walls are 2d with boxes and wires painted on them, theres not even any bumpmapping, also in this level the water looks rubbish aswell.

however the player models and weapons are very good, and so is the grass/trees etc.
July 1, 2008 8:04:16 AM

stemnin said:
My mspaint skills amazes you!

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/5619/questionjo1.jpg

I vote D.

yetyhunter You're not the same guy that keeps posting the "Q6600 vs. 8400" threads under different names to windup forum regulars - are you??

BTW Mass Effect has some really nice effects!! :hello:  (Sorry couldn't resist - I got sucked in)...

Bob
July 1, 2008 8:06:09 AM

When modded with Qarl's, Natural Environments, Natural Weather, Distant LOD, and people retextures, Oblivion easily takes the cake. My only gripe with that game is how horrible the water physics are. You jump in and there's a little splash and that's that. Arrows don't even impact the water. There are no ripples or anything.

COD4 also looks pretty good, but I personally think UT3 has the best unmodded graphics of any game, including Crysis. I just think it looks really, really good.

That said, I was extremely disappointed with Bioshock. I just thought the entire game sucked, graphics included. I dunno. I didn't find them good at all, but that's maybe because I uninstalled it after beating the game on my x1950xt, so I couldn't fully appreciate the graphics.

Edit: Looking at screenshots of Bioshock, I think I didn't like it because of the cartoony colors and textures. It looks like crap imo.
July 1, 2008 8:22:05 AM

UT3 had skipped my mind, i actually do think that has better gfx than COD4 or Bioshock.

not sure about Crysis vs UT3 though cause of the different styles it would be hard to do a comparison.
July 1, 2008 8:44:18 AM

bobwya said:
I vote D.

yetyhunter You're not the same guy that keeps posting the "Q6600 vs. 8400" threads under different names to windup forum regulars - are you??

BTW Mass Effect has some really nice effects!! :hello:  (Sorry couldn't resist - I got sucked in)...

Bob

No it's not me. I own an E8400 and I know it beats the quad in games.
July 1, 2008 11:58:16 AM

X3:Reunion still looks pretty good too.
July 1, 2008 1:53:40 PM

llama_man said:
X3:Reunion still looks pretty good too.

Word.
July 2, 2008 8:27:24 AM

Time shift has good graphics too . And destructible enviroments more destructible than crysis.
July 2, 2008 8:53:26 AM

You know. I am always the odd ball here.

I like Mass Effect graphic a lot. In especially, I like the grain texture and the supposed-to-be-defunct shadow because the game plays like it is from a comic book film adaptation. Graphic-wise.

Everyone free to opine right?
July 2, 2008 9:40:14 AM

quantumsheep said:
Word.

Word 2003 or Word 2007 :p 
July 2, 2008 4:08:14 PM

mi1ez said:
Word 2003 or Word 2007 :p 

I believe the chap was using what is commonly called "street slang"...

X3 does have some lovely graphics though!!

Bob
July 2, 2008 5:17:26 PM

If I had to go with one for 2007 till now it is TF2. Although HL2 EP2 looks freakin amazing @ 1920x1080 and in 40". If I had to go all time for me, it would be the HL2 series. That game still has things that amaze me to this day.
July 3, 2008 7:48:16 PM

Shadows and FEAR? Hah. I think Thief: Deadly Shadows did a better job of that... I'd even go as far as to say I liked the graphics better. :p 

Assassin's Creed definitely takes the graphics cake for me. Loved the style.

Purely character models? MMOs can be pretty good. EverQuest II did a great job (if you can tune up the graphics to extreme).

Environment? Definitely have to go with Oblivion there. Character models weren't quite as fantastic as the environment. Compares well with drawing a flat picture and dropping it over a 3D model without any touch-ups in the skin area (excluding hair of course).

Best wishes,
FrozenFoxy
July 3, 2008 10:43:31 PM

You should have gotten the "Pretty People" mod for Oblivion. Makes such a world of difference. It really shows that games engines potential.
July 3, 2008 11:15:13 PM

My vote for Mass Effect, Bioshock and Crysis (best graphics I've ever seen).

X3 and FEAR still hold their own too.

Havn't tried TF2 yet.
July 4, 2008 12:00:01 AM

I vote for HL2 or COD4, when I get one of those new 4800's, I will form an opinion about Call of Juarez..... *ye olde X1950Pro isnt doing it no mo* lol
July 4, 2008 12:45:03 AM

Quote:
Havn't tried TF2 yet.

WHAT! One of the best games ever. The graphics aren't the best, but the game play is why people play it. I'm not saying the graphics are bad, but they aren't the most lifelike/realistic.
July 4, 2008 11:44:41 AM

At the moment Crysis is the best looking game on the market.

I remember back in 1994 when I saw the preview for Wing Commander 3 I was blown away by the quality of the graphics, the leap forward that game made was mind blowing at the time.
July 5, 2008 2:18:30 PM

im gonna say counter strike source its soo old and it still keeps up with most games crysis does beat it but no one can actually play the damn game so whats the point of it
July 7, 2008 4:56:52 PM

Out of the games I play: Crysis, Bioshock, COD4, CS:Source

I think COD4 has the most realistic looking graphics.

However, I do like the water physics alot more in Crysis
July 7, 2008 5:42:24 PM

Leaving out the obvious ones, I have to second those who mentioned FEAR.

A lot of people seem to say FEAR has dated graphics, and they're probably right.

But they are so sharp and well done (at max settings) that I'm still impressed. I just finshed my 3rd playthrough two nights ago.

I wrote in a post a while ago - my girlfriend (who doesn't do any fps gaming) saw me play a "bullet-time" sequence in FEAR and was genuinely blown away.
!